TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Centre screen failure after latest software update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by lance, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lance

lance Member

After running the latest software update on my 2013 S the main screen shuts off then on again by itself, sometimes losing nav, sometimes not. Seems I need a part, which is on backorder. Anybody else come across this?

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

What firmware update number? I just installed a new one on my 2013 last night.

3. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

We haven't seen this on our late 2012 S P85. Could be the latest firmware didn't install properly.

Might be worthwhile to get Tesla to push the update out to your car again and reinstall and see if that corrects the problem.

4. imherkimer

imherkimer Member

My touchscreen on a 2013 S85 froze up during firmware update. The car could drive but that's it. The only information visible was speedometer and battery level. No climate control, not even the fan worked so had to drive with windows open. It would not be possible to put the car into tow mode or jack mode, or any other function connected to the touch screen. Tesla service came for the car, charged two hours labor ($250) for a diagnosis, but did not charge for the repair, as it was just a matter of reinstalling the software. I was thankful that the touchscreen would not need to be replaced!

• Informative x 1