TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CEO of the first utility to adopt Tesla Powerwall is named Vermonter of the Year

Discussion in 'News' started by ToddRLockwood, Jan 3, 2016.

1. KJD

KJD Member

This is a very interesting story. So good to hear about someone doing the right thing for a change.
    This would be the exact opposite of what Rocky Mountain Power does here in Utah. :(

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Ha! Funny you should mention that. When I read the original post I throughout I'd check with Rocky Mountain Power to see what they are doing to attain the same standard. :)

BTW, I was speaking with a RMP employee the other day and she said that during the summer month's they have some sort of program electric car owners might want to look into. I didn't understand it all but something to do with charging very cheaply, and possibly free, late at night when demand is low to help balance their system.

3. Electric700

Electric700 Member

That's the first time I've seen the B Corp certification. I'm glad it exists, and I suppose Tesla and SolarCity could qualify.