Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CEO of the first utility to adopt Tesla Powerwall is named Vermonter of the Year

KJD

OD 7/27 MYLR Red/Black 19's No FSD EDD 10/23-11/12
Supporting Member
Dec 14, 2013
SLC, UT
This is a very interesting story. So good to hear about someone doing the right thing for a change.
In 2014, Green Mountain Power became the first utility in the world to be certified as a B Corp, defined as "for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.”

This would be the exact opposite of what Rocky Mountain Power does here in Utah. :(

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
This is a very interesting story. So good to hear about someone doing the right thing for a change.

This would be the exact opposite of what Rocky Mountain Power does here in Utah. :(

Ha! Funny you should mention that. When I read the original post I throughout I'd check with Rocky Mountain Power to see what they are doing to attain the same standard. :)

BTW, I was speaking with a RMP employee the other day and she said that during the summer month's they have some sort of program electric car owners might want to look into. I didn't understand it all but something to do with charging very cheaply, and possibly free, late at night when demand is low to help balance their system.

Electric700

May 21, 2013
Florida, United States

"In 2014, Green Mountain Power became the first utility in the world to be certified as a B Corp..."...

That's the first time I've seen the B Corp certification. I'm glad it exists, and I suppose Tesla and SolarCity could qualify.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC