Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coat on top of PPF DIY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on installing full front and side doors PPF and apply ceramic coat afterward. Question I have is it okay to use the standard ceramic application on top of the PPF and the regular paint on the back side of my car?

I currently bought the CarPro Cquartz, but I just found out that there are other different type of ceramics for different materials such as vinyl, ppf, etc. I don't want to buy another set of ceramic coat if it is unnecessary.

Thanks

You are correct in there are 2 versions carpro makes. I think skin, is the ppf version. That said. I costed my whole car myself with cquk3.0 except the front bumper, I then had the front bumper ppf’d and afterwards coated it with uk3.0 as well. Looks great...don’t know if the ppf version would have garnered better results.

I asked guys who did PPF on my car about ceramic wax (Chemical Guys), and I was told it is okay, but since the PPF has been coated with a sealer, using ceramic coating, at least for the next 6 months, is basically a waste of time and money.