Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating - cost in SoCal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, doing paint correction on a new car isn't hard either.
It just takes time
I actually practiced on our 2011 leaf , that we bought used 3 years ago. I did it after I had already done the ceramic on our new Model 3.

Our leaf looks better now, than when we bought it.
Thanks for your information. Yes, I plan to test it on my 10 years old Camry.

My Model X is 6 months old. Looks pretty good, no deep scratches. Except it has ton of hairline scratches all over the body due to Tesla Service Center. I want to bring it to a detailing service to do PPF for me and I will do the ceramic coat myself. Trying to save money on paint correction because they quote $800-$1000 for full body paint correction.

So just let you guys know: when you bring your car to Service Center. Let them know and put some notes on the dashboard, mirrors “DO NOT WASH” or your shiny car will be covered with scratches.

Thanks for your information. Yes, I plan to test it on my 10 years old Camry.

My Model X is 6 months old. Looks pretty good, no deep scratches. Except it has ton of hairline scratches all over the body due to Tesla Service Center. I want to bring it to a detailing service to do PPF for me and I will do the ceramic coat myself. Trying to save money on paint correction because they quote $800-$1000 for full body paint correction.

So just let you guys know: when you bring your car to Service Center. Let them know and put some notes on the dashboard, mirrors “DO NOT WASH” or your shiny car will be covered with scratches.

If you're in the LA area, there's a group buy going on at Concours AutoSpa in Torrance. He's charging $1495 for Modesta including a single step paint correction. And if we get 20 people to participate, he'll refund $400. Not sure how much a Model X would be, but that's a good enough deal for me to opt to pay someone to do it instead of spending the time to do it myself.

If you're in the LA area, there's a group buy going on at Concours AutoSpa in Torrance. He's charging $1495 for Modesta including a single step paint correction. And if we get 20 people to participate, he'll refund $400. Not sure how much a Model X would be, but that's a good enough deal for me to opt to pay someone to do it instead of spending the time to do it myself.
I’ve already contacted Doug. I plan to do the 360PPF. Modesta+maintenance cost is quite high for me.

Reactions: atlas310
The feedback I got was $450-600 for single coat without paint correction. Not sure what the forum rules are regarding sharing quotes from vendors... PM for details.
Wow that's a lot. If your car don't have a lot of scratches and spider web than go for it. But I won't do it. You need to buff out the scratches before your coat the car.

I plan to do this myself. Just want this video. Tesla Model 3 | DIY Ceramic Coating

Saw Kenriko's video and Ben sullins video on the ceramic coating for the M3. Anyone mind sharing how much it would cost to have it done professionally in SoCal?

My guy in RSM/Mission Viejo did paint correction and Opti-Coat on the entire car for $450. Yes, you can do it yourself and save some cheddar, but it's back-breaking work for us old folks, and at that rate it's a much better value than 6 hours of my own time. Message me if you want the contact details.

• Informative
Reactions: OCP85+ and SD_Engnr
My guy in RSM/Mission Viejo did paint correction and Opti-Coat on the entire car for $450. Yes, you can do it yourself and save some cheddar, but it's back-breaking work for us old folks, and at that rate it's a much better value than 6 hours of my own time. Message me if you want the contact details.
That's very reasonable and I agree it's an All day job for most and my back would be killing me for days!!

I know I'm not in So Cal but at the prices I'm seeing I am wondering if a cross country road trip might be worth the time and effort. I have been quoted $5300 for full car paint correction, full car Xpel PPF, and full car ceramic coating on top of the film here in Atlanta. I guess car detailing is like real estate...location, location, location.

Dan

I know I'm not in So Cal but at the prices I'm seeing I am wondering if a cross country road trip might be worth the time and effort. I have been quoted $5300 for full car paint correction, full car Xpel PPF, and full car ceramic coating on top of the film here in Atlanta. I guess car detailing is like real estate...location, location, location.

Dan
That sounds reasonable.
In SoCal, most shop will charge around:
$700-$1000 for paint correction
$4000->??: for full car Xpel PPF
$700-$2000: for ceramic coating

@WallyP thanks for info I scheduled ..cannot believe shops quoting me over 2k for ceramic coating and PPF for over 4K ...I’m getting STEK ppf done from my friends shop and than Jamie will do opticoat over everything ...

My friends shop in Irvine is doing STEK (not Suntek) ...I’m only doing front half and than Wally’s contact is doing opticoat over whole car ...I did full wrap on my P85D previously and not really needed the cost I’m getting for front wrap and opticoat is less than what most shops charge for just a front wrap :)! ...I had expel on P85+ Suntek on P85D and I like the glossiness of STEK so Doing that on the X if u are in OC or SD I can show u in person when done

Thanks for your referral with Jamie. I did 2 cars with him. He told me he's going to do this on a more full-time basis and it'll be easier to get his availability. Good price, and great work.