TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ceramic coating for Tesla 3 in Redmond, Bellevue, or Kirkland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by chracatoa, Jul 29, 2018.

1. chracatoa

chracatoa Member

I was quoted somewhere from 900 dollars to 1300 dollars. Some do windows separately.

Any suggestions of places around this area?

Thanks!

2. ScottDavis

ScottDavis New Member

We just picked up our Model 3 on Friday and I also would like to know the best places in the Puget Sound area to get ceramic coating.

3. mdk1a

mdk1a Member

I would recommend APC AutoSpa (they're in Woodinville and not the 3 cities the OP mentioned, but really not that far). I went with their CeramicPro Gold package for my S and I thought they did a really good job. You should be able to get some discount if you also have them do PPF (like I did for full front).

4. chracatoa

chracatoa Member

Didn't mention Woodinville because it's just farm country and wineries, right? :)
    But seriously, Woodinville is actually closer than Kirkland for me.

What's PPF? How long did you have to leave the car there?

Thanks.

5. mdk1a

mdk1a Member

PPF = Paint Protection Film. A popular brand is XPEL, though for my S I use STEK DynoShield (I do use XPEL Ultimate Plus for my X). Overall job for my S took 3 full days, which included full front PPF, CeramicPro Gold treatment as I mentioned earlier, and window tinting for 4 side plus rear windows.

To a certain extent :). It's grown quite a bit though in recent years, which has been cool to see.

6. Brian's ReX

Brian's ReX Member

If not too late... in Bellevue is where I got all mine done (PPF and coating). Eastside Auto Salon, owned by Ben Williams.

I'm admittedly "posterior-retentive", so I visited shops to see their work before I decided on Eastside. Granted, there are plenty of shops that I didn't get to - so there are other great places, I'm sure.

However, I had much prep that needed to be done before applying the PPF (paint correction, specifically) as my X had lots of 'swirls' and 'orange-peel' to the paint. All of which Eastside corrected beautifully! It took some extra work, so mine took a total of 4 days... but that's not the norm.

Ben is not the cheapest. But people that have some B-E-A-U-tiful cars (2 McLarens there! *drool) trust Eastside... so I felt like (and continue to feel like) I picked well. And... he shares the shop with Mr Tint and Sun, who did my nephew's Model 3 full tint which looks amazing! (BTW, the aforementioned Model 3 was also PPF'd and coated by Eastside)

I truly could not be more happy with how my X turned out!!

Regardless of who you pick... You can't go wrong protecting your Tesla with PPF!!

Good luck! :D

7. chracatoa

chracatoa Member

Got a quote from some places. They're saying "one layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on the windshield."

Can I get cracks if they apply ceramic coating to the windshield?

Thanks!

8. RVD98072

RVD98072 Member

I go to Kyler's Auto Detail in Kent, WA for my ppf and ceramic coating. He does a great job and does a lot of cleaning and detailing for Bellevue Tesla. I don't have any affiliation with them or anything but have taken my Model X there and had a few friends go there as well.

I did not get my windshield done though so I don't know about that.

Anyway, if you give him a call and mention my name "Dan Paik" he'll make sure to take care of you.

9. chracatoa

chracatoa Member

In the end, I went with Woodinville's Auto Spa. I also decided not to do the PPF and fix the problems that show up once in a while.
    I'm really happy with the job they did. They even cleaned grease finger marks from the interior that the Tesla people did when they delivered for free. I was worry that Tesla wouldn't do anything because it was after 72 hours, even though I scheduled the service 24 hours after delivery with the problems. Luckily, this part of the service won't be necessary. I still need to fix a few things, though.