Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I'm looking into getting a ceramic Coating on my MSM 3 to help with the thin paint everyone talks about, but I wanted to get recommendations of where to look.

Did anyone here get a ceramic Coating in Austin, and what did you pay if you don't mind sharing?

Ceramic coating doesn’t protect “thin paint”, not that Tesla’s paint is thinner than anyone else’s. It helps keep the car clean, gives a glossier look, and makes it easier to wash. To protect the paint from rock chips, etc. you need paint protection film. I recommend the XPEL factory shop on N. Lamar. They also do ceramic coating on top of the PPF.

Ceramic coating doesn’t protect “thin paint”, not that Tesla’s paint is thinner than anyone else’s. It helps keep the car clean, gives a glossier look, and makes it easier to wash. To protect the paint from rock chips, etc. you need paint protection film. I recommend the XPEL factory shop on N. Lamar. They also do ceramic coating on top of the PPF.

You're right that it doesn't protect it in the same way that PPF does from things like rock chips, but it does help protect against swirls and other things that can scar/stain like bird paint. I plan to do PPF on the front, but I want to do a coating to protect the rest of it as well.