Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating in north London

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Audi ceramic coated here;

GTECHNIQ Ceramic Paint Protection - Elite Car Care

it’s not quite ‘North’, but then with London traffic at the moment. It’s not a million miles away either. I travelled from East London and it really wasn’t difficult. What I can say is that the paint correction, the polish, the ceramic and the hydrophobic coating They applied were absolutely brilliant.

In three years, I never once waxed this car. Water would bead and drop off, Dirt would fall off off it, Bird sh*t would almost bounce off, making it the easiest car in the world to keep clean. In contrast, the Tesla is an absolute and total git to clean.

Day I picked it up from Elite;
002DEB7A-F38A-4F3E-ABF0-463A1EDFEAA8.jpeg

Three years later after a blast with the Karcher. Never waxed it once...

7F4E57A6-185E-4CEC-8C20-384A8610994F.jpeg

Is that Navarra or Estoril ?

Both the incoming model 3 and wife’s inbound S3 (Estoril sportback) will be having 5 year ceramic treatment, that looks really good :)

Navarra Blue. I think Estoril was only on the pre facelift cars. This one ended up being a bit of a rare beast, as the face lifted ‘8V’ S3 was only available for a very short period in this spec before WLTP regs made them drop the 3 door body, the more powerful engine variant, and the manual ‘box. (I cant stand the DSG ‘box, and I especially cant stand the fart noises it makes on changing gear).

Lovely car, but it didn’t light my fire. It was a bit of a one trick pony until you were doing properly illegal speeds, at which point you could play with it a bit. Until then it was actually a bit of a dull drive. The Golf R is much more entertaining, but an MX5 will leave a smile 50 times bigger, and be properly fun 50 times more often.

Last edited:
nice. Wife's is pre-facelift, 2014 car - replacing golf GTI Mk7 lemon edition. we are expecting it to be less engaging than the Golf but hopefully put together by someone that cared about what they were making. At least it will have protected paint if that doesn't prove to be true :)

nice. Wife's is pre-facelift, 2014 car - replacing golf GTI Mk7 lemon edition. we are expecting it to be less engaging than the Golf but hopefully put together by someone that cared about what they were making. At least it will have protected paint if that doesn't prove to be true :)
They’re certainly nicely screwed together. Except for the clutch. Whoever decided decided the clutch from a standard 2.0 A3 was good enough for an extra 100hp, a shedload of extra torque and an extra driven axle needs his bumps felt. The interior was the best I’ve had by a country mile, but MM/ was much better post facelift. I still have the Audi MMI to iPhone cables from my Pre facelift S3 if you want them.

Reactions: LongRanger