Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating interior white seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Service said it's common but after I explained to them the car has less than 4k miles and ceramic coated since day one by professional shop and weekly detailed, then they offer steam cleaning at service center to see if that work (FREE). They don't think its color transfer or stain, more of "common wear & tear "
Do you think the ceramic coating could have hindered materials compliance ? Seen the microfiber clothes after ceramic gets applied and it turns rock hard. Wondering if ceramic on the seats may not be good long run ? Thought ?

Tesla Service said it's common but after I explained to them the car has less than 4k miles and ceramic coated since day one by professional shop and weekly detailed, then they offer steam cleaning at service center to see if that work (FREE). They don't think its color transfer or stain, more of "common wear & tear "

Well mine started to get the stretch marks after only a few months...but it's only in that specific location. So likely due to wear and tear. But for the life of me I cannot find a seating position to get out of the Model Y without hitting that part of the seat every time. I've tried adjusting the seat up/down/back/forward, but that side bolster is too high. The Model Y seats are raised. I can't imagine it doesn't happen to anyone else. If you are 5 foot 8 or shorter everyone must have this issue. If you are taller or have longer legs maybe the bumping against that part of the seat doesn't happen as much....

Do you think the ceramic coating could have hindered materials compliance ? Seen the microfiber clothes after ceramic gets applied and it turns rock hard. Wondering if ceramic on the seats may not be good long run ? Thought ?
The seating surface doesn't get harder after the ceramic coating plus for interior its different coating vs the one they use on the exterior paint.

Well mine started to get the stretch marks after only a few months...but it's only in that specific location. So likely due to wear and tear. But for the life of me I cannot find a seating position to get out of the Model Y without hitting that part of the seat every time. I've tried adjusting the seat up/down/back/forward, but that side bolster is too high. The Model Y seats are raised. I can't imagine it doesn't happen to anyone else. If you are 5 foot 8 or shorter everyone must have this issue. If you are taller or have longer legs maybe the bumping against that part of the seat doesn't happen as much....
If its common wear and tear then there will be so many complaints on this particular issue, this makes the white interior looks
bad. No seat should be baby to avoid basic wear resistance especially they market the seats are so much more durable and easy to maintain etc ~

Well I went out and took a look at my rear seat belts. They have been buckled since they delivered my car.. I unlatched both belts and have black marks on my 5 month old 1500 Mile model y. That sucks. Do I think tesla will do anything about it. HELL NO1 they will find some way to say it’s within Tesla tolerance. It really sucks that my service center is employed with a bunch of people who should not be touching a 5k car let alone a 55k car. Bunch of monkeys. Oh well when I get tired of it I’ll have it reupholstered.

Attachments

• A07A6F34-EC42-47A1-8221-A7D09355A0F2.jpeg
    A07A6F34-EC42-47A1-8221-A7D09355A0F2.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 298
  • A2FF608E-9746-4A02-887A-CCE5962BE94A.jpeg
    A2FF608E-9746-4A02-887A-CCE5962BE94A.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 239
Just like anything else, leather will "wear". Coatings and sealers will help with spills until those chemicals wear off. Cleaning seats with a Leather Cleaner and finishing it off with a Leather Conditioner once a month or every other month is all you really need to keep it clean and wiping spills up easily.