Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating & PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also take a look at this thread.

Also take a look at this thread.

Thank you, I was looking for a thread exactly like the one you shared. Thanks again.

I am getting mixed answers. Is it possible to get paint correct and ceramic coating and then PPF on top of it. I love the glossy look that ceramic brings but need PPF for California roads

You can also visit the homepage of your PPF manufacturer for this info. For example, if you visit Xpel's FAQ page, this is what they say in answer to your question (see below). You should install PPF first and then install the ceramic coating on top of the PPF. If a coating has already been installed, it is best to polish it off, apply the PPF, and then reapply the coating on top of the PPF.

From XPEL | Help | Frequently Asked Questions :

Can I Have XPEL Paint Protection Film Installed On Top Of My Ceramic Coating?​

We would not recommend this, as it may result in poor adhesion to the painted surfaces. Professional removal of the ceramic coating is recommended. You may install XPEL FUSION PLUS on top of your XPEL Paint Protection Film. Check with your local installer for more details.

(Fusion Plus is Xpel's own brand of ceramic coating)

You can also visit the homepage of your PPF manufacturer for this info. For example, if you visit Xpel's FAQ page, this is what they say in answer to your question (see below). You should install PPF first and then install the ceramic coating on top of the PPF. If a coating has already been installed, it is best to polish it off, apply the PPF, and then reapply the coating on top of the PPF.

From XPEL | Help | Frequently Asked Questions :

Can I Have XPEL Paint Protection Film Installed On Top Of My Ceramic Coating?​

We would not recommend this, as it may result in poor adhesion to the painted surfaces. Professional removal of the ceramic coating is recommended. You may install XPEL FUSION PLUS on top of your XPEL Paint Protection Film. Check with your local installer for more details.

(Fusion Plus is Xpel's own brand of ceramic coating)
Thank you!