Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a box of CQ.UK 3.0 and was confused on how long to wait before applying additional layers.

The tips page says "Additional coats may be applied after 60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes".

However this site says "Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes".

I'm not sure which set of instructions to follow as the first one is directly from the manufacturer but is contradicting.

I did 2 coats and just waited a day to apply the 2nd coat. I agree their instructions are confusing. After the 2nd coat I waited 8 hours and added a layer of glissv2. I had another car to use so it wasn’t had to leave it alone.

Additional coats should be applied within 60 minutes.

Has anyone tried ceramic coating the dash? I have read that it scratches very easily.

The ceramic coating made for "leather" might work. I think it's better to use something like 303 that has UV protection, and just be extremely careful when cleaning it. IMO.

Edit: This video shows using interior ceramic coating on most parts, including dash. Definitely test a discrete area before applying to entire dash.

Do not apply soon after regardless of what the bottle says. There are transfer solvents that, when reapplied over uncured coating, can disturb the membrane that is intended to be left over by the active ingredient.

My advice is to give it at least 24 hours between layers to be safe.