Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating the interior of my X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My one week old X is currently getting PPF, chrome delete and exterior ceramic coating. I was wondering of the usefulness of ceramic coating the interior. When I asked the place I'm dealing with they told me that a good thing to do was the mats (I have Tuxmats installed) and the seats. Considering that it seems that the Tuxmats are already really wear resistant and that I have black interior, I declined for those.

On my side I was more thinking about the following: all dashboard and screens, steering wheel, doors interior, center console, back of the front seats and interior of trunk door. Is it worth it? The guys is quoting me 400 CA$, around 300 US$.

Thanks

I’m definitively not doing the seats as the synthetic leather from Tesla already have a really good reputation against stains and all. Especial since I have the black interior. I was more thinking about all the plastics. Ceramic coating should make cleaning of the interior way easier and also I think minimise fingerprints.

I’m definitively not doing the seats as the synthetic leather from Tesla already have a really good reputation against stains and all. Especial since I have the black interior. I was more thinking about all the plastics. Ceramic coating should make cleaning of the interior way easier and also I think minimise fingerprints.
I see. I thought you might be thinking of doing it to put additional UV protection on the plastic. yea, the windows do have some UV protection in most areas, but never hurts to protect the interior as much as you can if in the sun a lot. I put a transparent film on my display to reduce fingerprints and that is all I've done.

Reactions: Bogobec
Ceramic coating on the interior is good if you'd like some extra protection against UV, jean dye transfer, and accidental spills. For some people, these factors rarely occur based on their lifestyles.
Considering I have the black seats I was more thinking about the dash, screens, doors etc. All the interior plastics and carbon fibre. But in the end, I’m going to pass on that. PPF, chrome delete and ceramic coating of the exterior is already costing me too much. I need to hide the bills from my wife :D