Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating - Vendor recommendations in East Bay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I had OCDetail do paint correction/ceramic on my 2016 S. They did an amazing job, but have (well deserved) premium pricing.

I now have a Raven S. Looking to do paint correction/ceramic again. I keep changing out my cars, so I am looking for a less pricey option.

Anybody have any recommendations for vendors in the Bay Area (preferably Fremont area) who are less expensive but still do a high-quality job?

Does the actual ceramic product (e.g. CQuartz Finest, Ceramic Pro 9H 2 vs 4 applications, OptiCoat Drexler) make a significant difference?

Thanks in advance

Hi All

I had OCDetail do paint correction/ceramic on my 2016 S. They did an amazing job, but have (well deserved) premium pricing.

I now have a Raven S. Looking to do paint correction/ceramic again. I keep changing out my cars, so I am looking for a less pricey option.

Anybody have any recommendations for vendors in the Bay Area (preferably Fremont area) who are less expensive but still do a high-quality job?

Does the actual ceramic product (e.g. CQuartz Finest, Ceramic Pro 9H 2 vs 4 applications, OptiCoat Drexler) make a significant difference?

Thanks in advance

The question is whether you want to have the job done down to a price or up to a well known level of quality. It's your car, and 'your nickel'. but you seem to care about your car and I assume plan to keep it for a while. Me, I have been going to Joe @ OCD since 2013 and he is reliable, obsessive compulsive, and has the experience. Expensive, yes. But IMHO well worth it. YMMV.

Sorry, I meant, polishing the car. My mistaking, since Preps include
Washing
Iron remover
Clay bar
Polishing, this is the part I meant to skip since your car is new. This is the one that consumes the most time
IPA wipe
Ceramic

I am not a handy guy or not good of doing things, but I did it myself. It's not that hard. Of course, the quality is not as good as the shop, but for me, it's good enough. I used avalonking ceramic, it's so easy, you don't have to worry about ruin your car. It claims that it would last for 2 years. But if you keep applying top-ceramic each time you wash your car, it will last 3 years.

I meant I could not compare the car that was done with the job. But my car was shinning and I really like it. Also, water comes right off when I tested it. I could see the difference right away. For a few hours job, I could save more than $800, I meant it's worth to try it out.
Again, if you want to spend money it's ok and has it done thru the shop. I just want to pass my experience to people who want to save some $. It's so easy, I say it's super easy if you don't have to polish your car. The polishing part is the hardest. If I have an old car, I would not do it since I don't think I can polish the car by myself.

Last edited: