Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coatings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The CarPro Cquartz is one of the best few ceramic coating products for cars. The Cquartz boasts an advanced coating formula that’s been used by professionals and car owners alike all over the world. Not only does it offer protection from the elements, but its coating provides the kind of gloss look that’s second to none in the market. Hope this helps!

Understood, but how does it compare to other coatings?

I have xpel ceramic coating on my Plaid. Looks great, and always has a shine!
IMG_20211108_110141_801.jpg

I've done my own cars with various coatings from opti-coat & carpro uk 3.0. I've also had my Model S professionally coated with ceramic pro 5 year coating. Personally I don't see a huge improvement in the ceramic pro over the UK 3.0 I did myself on my other vehicles. Sure it might last 'longer' but they require you to pay to 'boost' the coating yearly to maintain the warranty. I don't see the benefit in that service if I can just apply RELOAD or other products on my own which I already do. I'll continue to use that unless something drastically better comes out. In many car detailing test I've seen the UK 3.0 holds its own very well.

I've done my own cars with various coatings from opti-coat & carpro uk 3.0. I've also had my Model S professionally coated with ceramic pro 5 year coating. Personally I don't see a huge improvement in the ceramic pro over the UK 3.0 I did myself on my other vehicles. Sure it might last 'longer' but they require you to pay to 'boost' the coating yearly to maintain the warranty. I don't see the benefit in that service if I can just apply RELOAD or other products on my own which I already do. I'll continue to use that unless something drastically better comes out. In many car detailing test I've seen the UK 3.0 holds its own very well.

The UK seems like a solid product, literally and figuratively.

It all depends on what is your budget, how bad is the paint, and how much you want to spend on the coating itself. My guy usually spends about 40hrs on just paint correction on all new cars I get. Under lights every make is jacked up from my $700K SVJ roadster down to my Ford Raptor.

I get pretty $$ coatings with a sandwich of bottom and top coat of this Kamikaze Zipang Coat

and middle coat of this Kamikaze Miyabi Coat cars always look like glass wet effect easy to wash and maintain.

Cost for time of paint correction ranges from 1K to 2K depending on car. so all in about $2500 but worth it.

Most of the cost is in the paint corrections and cleaning and buffing. Not in the coating. However there is a guy around me that will come to your house and do it for $400 including all the buffing and such. Another guy in my neighborhood has used him multiple times. Car ends up looking amazing.
Are you in Oklahoma? Mind sharing the contact of the guy that you use?