Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just picked up my Model 3 from Coachman Detailing in Maidstone and I must say the results are amazing!
If anyone is considering getting paint protection for their car I can highly recommend the guys at Coachmans. I think they also have a 30% discount offer for October so worth a quick decision.
I have attached some photos I took.

if anyone is interested below is a link to their website and instagram (lots ,ore pics there):
Home - Coachman

Coachman (@coachman_detailing) • Instagram photos and videos

As is typical it is now raining.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20191025_110638.jpg
    thumbnail_20191025_110638.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 93
  • thumbnail_20191025_110641.jpg
    thumbnail_20191025_110641.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 64
  • thumbnail_20191025_110647.jpg
    thumbnail_20191025_110647.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 63
  • thumbnail_20191025_110707.jpg
    thumbnail_20191025_110707.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 61
  • thumbnail_20191025_110716.jpg
    thumbnail_20191025_110716.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 55
I have just picked up my Model 3 from Coachman Detailing in Maidstone and I must say the results are amazing!
If anyone is considering getting paint protection for their car I can highly recommend the guys at Coachmans. I think they also have a 30% discount offer for October so worth a quick decision.

if anyone is interested below is a link to their website and instagram (lots ,ore pics there):
Home - Coachman

Your car looks great. What exactly did you have done?

Your car looks great. What exactly did you have done?

Hi Roy,

It had a 2 stage paint correction, Zertona Ceramic coating 2 applications, glass treated, wheels and calipers treated, interior cleaned and protected. Really brings out the shine. Hopefully it will be easy to maintain by hand washing, have to wait a week until I can wash it.

I decided against the PPF treatment purely on cost.

Reactions: Roy W.

Home - Coachman

I'm now jealous, that finish is amazing. Im still looking at DIY'ing it (Got the shampoo and Mitt just need the rest of the kit and a clear day)

Any recommendations from anyone for Ceramic coating

I recommend using an authorised installer for the brand that you select. Likewise, if you do PPF. The details should be on the manufacturers websites. Then make sure you know exactly what you are getting and where it is being placed. If done properly, you have paid a lot of money for something that you cannot actually see.

I think though, right time of year, right weather, right location, enough time and patience, ceramic coating is probably a DIY job for some type of coatings. As an example, today is not a good day to ceramic coat. Some manufacturers do however reserve their premium finishes for their authorised installers.

Worth pointing out that ceramic coating does not stop your car getting dirty (especially this time of year) or protecting it from scratches. It just makes it easier to clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
I recommend using an authorised installer for the brand that you select. Likewise, if you do PPF. The details should be on the manufacturers websites. Then make sure you know exactly what you are getting and where it is being placed. If done properly, you have paid a lot of money for something that you cannot actually see.

I think though, right time of year, right weather, right location, enough time and patience, ceramic coating is probably a DIY job for some type of coatings. As an example, today is not a good day to ceramic coat. Some manufacturers do however reserve their premium finishes for their authorised installers.

Worth pointing out that ceramic coating does not stop your car getting dirty (especially this time of year) or protecting it from scratches. It just makes it easier to clean.

Totally agree with what you are saying always use proven professionals and indeed the ceramic is primarily to make cleaning easier on the other hand a front end PPF treatment should give you a degree of stone chip protection and with it's self healing properties keep the car on the straight and narrow. Whatever treatment is applied you cannot get away from having to clean the car!
Not entirely convinced by self application on Ceramic as you may be sealing in any paint imperfections hence I went for the paint correction option carried out in a clean workshop environment.

That's very pretty. I always thought to myself ceramic paint protection was only worth it for darker colours, where you might notice the enhanced gloss more. But your white Model 3 has changed my mind on that, looks amazing.

HI Mike,

Thank you very much for this kind review that you have left on this site, we have only just been made aware of this being posted on here.

It was a great pleasure to work on your Model 3 and we are so pleased to know you are happy with how it came out.

Enjoy the protection that Coachman by Zertona leaves on your paint work, any questions at all Mike, please drop us a call or a message.