Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Pro coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took the plunge at had the Red Rocket detailed and Ceramic Pro with paint correction.
Can't believe how great it looks
Thank you Prestige Auto Detailing, Richmond Hill, Ontario. 20190517_175628.jpg 20190517_215527.jpg IMG-20190517-WA0010.jpg IMG-20190517-WA0009.jpg

Ceramic coating is great if you put in the effort yourself. It's extremely labor intensive if you DIY but the cost savings is immense.

I did wash -> iron x -> clay bar -> Meguiars 205 -> Optimum hyper polish followed by 2 coats of cquartz uk 3.0.

My car has solid black paint which is an absolute bastard to keep clean, but looks like a mirror right after I wash it. The best part of ceramic is the dirt and water falls right off the car. I can take a blower to it after a drive in rain and it still looks pretty clean after. Here's some rare photos .0001 second before it gets dirty again.

IMG_4901.jpg

Movement around the car:

IMG 4900 GIF | Gfycat

Ceramic coating is great if you put in the effort yourself. It's extremely labor intensive if you DIY but the cost savings is immense.

I did wash -> iron x -> clay bar -> Meguiars 205 -> Optimum hyper polish followed by 2 coats of cquartz uk 3.0.

My car has solid black paint which is an absolute bastard to keep clean, but looks like a mirror right after I wash it. The best part of ceramic is the dirt and water falls right off the car. I can take a blower to it after a drive in rain and it still looks pretty clean after. Here's some rare photos .0001 second before it gets dirty again.

View attachment 483717

Movement around the car:

IMG 4900 GIF | Gfycat
Great shine....about to go through my first Canadian winter since having the ceramic pro applied. Curious to see how it fares with all the salt and sand they use on our roads...