TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ceramic Pro Glass + Rain = Wet Trunk

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by scrapps, Apr 25, 2018.

1. scrapps

scrapps Member

I noticed today that with the Ceramic Pro on the class when you open the trunk the water now runs down the glass too quickly that it flies over the rubber seals and in to the trunk. Has anyone else noticed this and have any bright ideas short of trying to wipe the back window and trunk before opening? Only seems to be an issue when it’s been parked as you don’t get water build up when driving.

• Informative x 1
  2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Never thought of that, I have Ceramic Pro, but have not seen that issue yet.

• Like x 1
  3. SgtLou02

SgtLou02 Member

The same thing happens to my Model 3 w/ Ceramic Pro. My brother has the exact same issue on his X with water dumping in the Falcon Wing doors.

4. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

.. yup..has that happen to me..luckly I had a fiber towel in the truck to catch some of it..

5. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

It happens without it too, mine regularly lets water into the trunk that way and I didn't do Ceramic Pro. It's a design flaw.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. Skione65

Skione65 Member

You guys just keeping towels in your trunk for when it’s raining? Don’t have my 3 yet and haven’t seen the interior upper trunk opening but any way to retrofit a small “catch basin lip” somehow under the upper trunk molding to catch the water when it’s raining? You know somehow clip something on or hang something under the lip? Someone need to get creative and mod or test some things out.

Ski

7. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

I think eventually Tesla will need to get creative with a retrofit seal.

• Like x 2