Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Pro vs Xpel Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Model X and was thinking of some paint protection for it and wanted to see your thoughts on both the using Ceramic Pro or Xpel Wrap. Which is better and what are cost between the two. I am looking at doing something within next two weeks.
Thanks

Good question. There are a gillion threads and comments about this on the forum. Type "ceramic coating" or similar words into the search box and you will find enough info to read for the next 5,000 years :)
Same with Wrap. I've done both for different reasons.

I'm a bigger fan of Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coating compared to Ceramic Pro.
As far as which one to get??? Well most of our clients get either just the Opti-Coat or if they do get Xpel they get Opti-Coat on top of that.
They both have advantages, it really depends on your personality and what you want from the car going forward.
I'd be happy to spend 5 minutes on the phone discussing this with you.
Congrats on the new X!!

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'm a bigger fan of Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coating compared to Ceramic Pro.
As far as which one to get??? Well most of our clients get either just the Opti-Coat or if they do get Xpel they get Opti-Coat on top of that.
They both have advantages, it really depends on your personality and what you want from the car going forward.
I'd be happy to spend 5 minutes on the phone discussing this with you.
Congrats on the new X!!
Thanks for the information.
I heard a lot of bad things about the paint on the Teslas (soft). With my old car I would take it through the car wash 5-6 time a month. So I guess what I'm looking for is something to protect my paint and keep scratches and paint chips (from rocks) down to a minimum.
I'm going to check to see who does the Opti-Coat Pro in Maryland.

I just got my Model X and was thinking of some paint protection for it and wanted to see your thoughts on both the using Ceramic Pro or Xpel Wrap. Which is better and what are cost between the two. I am looking at doing something within next two weeks.
Thanks

They are not the same (comparable) products and connect be directly compared. Xpel is a “plastic” like material the resists chip and scratch damage. Ceramic Pro is more of a super wax coating making the car much easier to clean. Some folks do both.

Personally, I went with Ceramic Pro alone. Ceramic Pro costs roughly a third of what a full wrap costs.

I got a wrap and ceramic coating. THe wrap is to prevent the paint from getting chipped while the ceramic coating will really make the solid black darker and shinier at the same time (and makes it easier to clean too).

If you dont care about your paint that much, save the $$$. Its really all for aesthetic reasons.

I opted for Stek DYNOshield clear film. Has some nanotech surface coating, eliminating the need for additional coatings. Super satisfied so far. (Just been a month.) Not cheap, but so much less worried about the paint. Worth it in my book.