Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic tint cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I think ceramic tint is worth it. Really knocks down the heat. My preferred brand is Huper Optik Autobahn.

I only did my side windows. I did i3 Ceramic 40 on the front sides and i3 Ceramic 55 on the rear sides+quarter glass and paid $380. Had I done the hatchback it probably would have been an additional $100. Tinting the front windshield is against the law here, and additional tinting of the roof is not recommended by Tesla.

I recommend ceramic and used XPEL XR+. I did 20% front sides, 70% rear sides (for heat rejection), 20% hatch & roof, 40% windshield. Windshield is illegal here in MO but is not enforced. Tinting the windshield is a game changer for heat during the summer. If you don’t like the heat and sun then I recommend tinting the roof. I won’t go round and round about the roof tint but my SC has well over 100+ Tesla’s with tinted roofs without issue. I couldn’t stand the heat coming in during the summer time. In 100 degree heat my ac is usually running fan speed 2-3 (on auto) with temp set to 72 degrees.

• Love
Reactions: Deutsch100
I drove my new MYP without ceramic tint for about 2 days and I was DYING of heat. 20% ceramic on the glass roof. 30% on side glass. 70% on windshield. The difference is staggering with the tinting. Looks amazing, feels amazing and A/C is even more efficient!

My Sales Advisor told me about 1/2 the cars sold tint the glass roof. YES, there is built in UV protection but it is not enough if you live in a hot climate. We have easily 6 months of 90-105F+ heat, and Teslas need tinting!

Reactions: Schulz1983
I got this quote from one of the shops here in SoCal. I'm considering the Spectra Photosync IRD.

Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion)
- Sides and Rear $895+tax
- Windshield $395+tax
- Glass Roof $595+tax

Prestige CeraLuxe IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion)
- Sides and Rear $795+tax
- Windshield $295+tax
- Glass Roof $495+tax

LLumar IRX Series Tint
- Sides and Rear $595+tax
- Windshield $250+tax

Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion) has the highest heat rejection on the market today. Their 30% shade blocks 80% of the heat (TSER), 99% of the IR, and 99.5% of the UV rays. LLumar IRX 30% shade blocks out 56% of the heat (TSER), 87% of the IR rays, and 99% of the UV rays. I would highly recommend Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion) if you want the most heat rejection for your Model Y.

The shop is Extreme Autowerks.