Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Certified Pre-Owned Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone have an idea when Tesla will start selling certified, pre-Owned Model S'? While some of the loaner fleet that was purchased perhaps added a Tesla to an owner's fleet, and some were outright sales to people who couldn't wait through the ordering process, there have to be a number that replaced existing Model S'. I guess Tesla could be using those trade-ins as loaners for the time being, but at some moment that diminishes their approach to upselling to existing owners with top of the line loaners. I'd imagine there would be a CPO market pretty soon for Model S'. Thoughts?

I'd bet that a CPO program is a part of the master plan.
Why leave that enormous market and its potential to used car dealers? The same arguments fit for a dealership-free EV sales program for both new cars and used cars.

I hope they start soon, I wouldn't buy a Tesla from a used non-Tesla dealer, just too many bad experiences over the last 24 years and the good experiences are few and far between unfortunately. There are some good and honorable used car dealers out there, I just haven't meet that many of em.