TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Certified Pre-Owned Model S

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Cattledog, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Does anyone have an idea when Tesla will start selling certified, pre-Owned Model S'? While some of the loaner fleet that was purchased perhaps added a Tesla to an owner's fleet, and some were outright sales to people who couldn't wait through the ordering process, there have to be a number that replaced existing Model S'. I guess Tesla could be using those trade-ins as loaners for the time being, but at some moment that diminishes their approach to upselling to existing owners with top of the line loaners. I'd imagine there would be a CPO market pretty soon for Model S'. Thoughts?

2. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

I'd bet that a CPO program is a part of the master plan.
    Why leave that enormous market and its potential to used car dealers? The same arguments fit for a dealership-free EV sales program for both new cars and used cars.

3. Seven7

Seven7 Member

I hope they start soon, I wouldn't buy a Tesla from a used non-Tesla dealer, just too many bad experiences over the last 24 years and the good experiences are few and far between unfortunately. There are some good and honorable used car dealers out there, I just haven't meet that many of em.

4. gardnerep

gardnerep Member

A lot of these model s cars were finaned on a 36 month contract with a guranteedresale value at the end of the term. That is when you will probably see the CPO program rolled out.

5. gglockner

gglockner Member

I expect the Model S CPO program will launch around the time of the Model X launch: some early Model S buyers will want to upgrade to the Model X, and the CPO program will make that easier.

6. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

This is what I am counting on to put a Model S in my garage :)

7. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Get on the MX list... and get BOTH. Divide the costs in half and it's like a super sale! :)

That's the same logic my wife uses. I'm planning to use it "against" her.

8. gasmiser1

gasmiser1 Member

+1

In the meantime, I have a 2011 LEAF and a 2014 Volt :wink: