TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Certified Preowned Model S P85D

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sans Gas, Jun 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

On the CPO (Certified Pre Owned) site I do not see any dual motor versions. Everyone with a P85D must be happy and there is nothing to trade up to.

2. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Just wait until Tesla unveils the Q (quad motors) or whatever they bring out soon. Then it will be flooded with P85Ds. :wink:

3. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Yeah, there isn't really anywhere obvious to go from a Model S right now. Until the D and Autopilot came along, there wasn't much of a used market for the Model S in any form (>50% of the used Ss out there were 60s - despite being ~10% of production,) and there was no consistency in pricing for it. The oldest P85Ds are also barely 6 months old right now.

When the X starts being built in numbers you might see some CPO P85Ds showing up (or maybe not - they certainly aren't directly comparable,) or the next time Tesla makes a significant change to upgrade the Model S (more autopilot sensors trickled down from the X?)
    Walter

4. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Tesla wont put them in the CPO program until mid next year......that is what I was told yesterday.

5. richrootes

richrootes Member

#5 richrootes, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    There's a P85D on the Canadian site right now - a nice loaded Green model for $119,000 (Toronto)

6. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

With the Model X unveiling, there is bound to be substantial upgrades to the MS Autopilot features. You can expect the Ds to begin showing up around that time.

7. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Wait until there is a 105kwh battery. Then you will have a LOT of everything come available.

8. No2DinosaurFuel

No2DinosaurFuel Active Member

Nice. Didn't catch that one. Seems like a deal for us Yankees.

119000 CAD is roughly 96000 USD. Seems like a deal with all that is included with the car... pretty much everything.

If one buys, import shouldn't cost too much. It's low mileage. I think it would cost $140K here in US to get something comparable.

9. richrootes

richrootes Member

Seems to be quite a steal - if I didn't already have a 60, that'd be in my basket by now, even with the shipping charge to Vancouver

10. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

But do you really want a GPS that says please and thank you and tell you to make a UTurn in 'aboot' 500 meters?

11. No2DinosaurFuel

I am sure tesla can easily update that. : ) Moreover i dont mind at all!

12. EV_Steve

EV_Steve Member

It looks like there's one in Chicago $112,900.

13. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

There's one in Portland for $113 and you can still get the tax credit, it's an inventory car.....

14. No2DinosaurFuel

wow they are not coming on. I didn't see them this morning. Still the canadian one is still cheaper when you factor in the conversion rate even after tax, import, duty, etc.

15. Dbitter1

Dbitter1 Journeyman Member

You, sir, owe me some paper towels to wipe my screen off with. Oh, and I broke a rib falling off my chair.

16. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

It's not there anymore...sighhhh...

Oh wait, I might just have put a deposit down for exactly that car!!! :-D
    I'll need to update my signature soon, delivery date TBD!