Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Certified Tesla Mechanics in CT or MA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'day 👋🏼

A couple of questions for y'all. I'm interested in purchasing new tires for my 2019 SR+ TM3. Living in rural Connecticut, we get the best of both seasons so snow and ice are some concerns. Unfortunately, staying with All-Seasons for this set, but the tires I've found so far are these Vredestein Quatrac Pro. Does anyone have experience with these tires or other tires to try out? Mainly what I'm worried about with these tires is their road noise/comfort and wear.

One more thing, I've been having trouble finding a good and reliable Tesla mechanic to mount and balance out these new tires. I've been calling a few places but they're hesitant on touching a Tesla. Does anyone know any good mechanics or shops to check out in the Connecticut/Mass area?

Thanks in advance!

They are just wheels, you don't need a Tesla mechanic. However you do need someone who understands that you need to use lift pucks on a Tesla. If you don't have a set order them from Amazon before you go to get new tires.

They are just wheels, you don't need a Tesla mechanic. However you do need someone who understands that you need to use lift pucks on a Tesla. If you don't have a set order them from Amazon before you go to get new tires.
Technically, you don't need pucks. You just need to be careful when you position the lift arms. I've put my S on two different 2 post lifts, and also raised a corner with a floor jack multiple times, and never used pucks. But they are helpful for a noob (professional or not).

To the OP, have you tried to contact Tire Rack's certified installers in your area?

Quick update!

Thanks for the input guys, found an installer today who was willing to do it. Seemed pretty knowledgeable and did it in a breeze.

Man these Veredestein's are amazing, the whirring sound I was getting before is entirely gone. Feels like an entirely different car being so silent and the handling is great!

Next stop is a tire alignment which I've scheduled with Tesla. Should be a breeze.

Quick update!

Thanks for the input guys, found an installer today who was willing to do it. Seemed pretty knowledgeable and did it in a breeze.

Man these Veredestein's are amazing, the whirring sound I was getting before is entirely gone. Feels like an entirely different car being so silent and the handling is great!

Next stop is a tire alignment which I've scheduled with Tesla. Should be a breeze.
Great to hear about your experience with the Quatrac Pros. Those are in my list to replace them Goodyear Eagle F1s on my Y.

• Love
Reactions: Watt639