Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cf dash trim overlay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like RPM Tesla has options for matte or glossy finish, and center console lid or not. Matte and lid are much more expensive, but still provide more options than new from Tesla or used from ebay and other sources. Customer feedback on quality, fit and finish, and overall satisfaction would still be helpful.

What was their reasoning? It can be done by yourself or a authorized body shop. Check eBay for used trim pieces. I did it in my 2019. See this thread:
Replacing piano black trim with obeche open pore

According to their parts person via text: "not compatible to have carbon fiber trim installed due to the way the bolts and clips line up on your vehicle's model packaged you purchased" [2020 LR+]. I plan to double check with a different parts person at a different shop, but that's all I know right now so I'm looking at alternatives

According to their parts person via text: "not compatible to have carbon fiber trim installed due to the way the bolts and clips line up on your vehicle's model packaged you purchased" [2020 LR+]. I plan to double check with a different parts person at a different shop, but that's all I know right now so I'm looking at alternatives

Unless they have changed them recently for all model S trim, it would not make sense on the production line to have multiple clip and bolt variations for attachment into the same dash and console. Best thing to do would be remove a trim piece, and get the part number for comparison - better yet, actually compare it to a cf version if you can someone to take a picture or show you in person.

This doesn’t sound accurate at all. It wouldn’t make sense for Tesla to change part numbers and complicate their production line unless it was a major interior refresh which the 2020 LR+ is not.