Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CFRB 1010 AM Radio Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Picked up my M3 on June 10, 2018 and of course, LOVE IT!!!!

One thing I could really use some help is in getting this local Toronto station. CFRB 1010 AM.

I love the streaming music and listen all the time, but I need my talk radio.

For the first 2 weeks or so, I was able to search for it, found it and it played.

Then all of a sudden and since that day, all I get is "loading error".

Nothing changed, no updates.

I have re booted the screen and the car several times with no change.

It may sound small, but it would be great is someone could help me enjoy this great car even more.

Many thanks in advance,

Vin

Yup that has to be the reason. I lost my KNX 1070. But found it being repeated on FM

My new X has the Intel-based MCU and HD-FM is not working on the secondary channels. I thought it had something to do with the new MCU, but since your M3 also uses it, I guess not.

One other reason for not getting stations could be geo-location restrictions. Tesla operates through some sort proxy / VPN in the US. There are a couple of stations that come up with the "not available in your region" error even though I am physically in the same town as the station.

See also TSN 1050 on TuneIn

In short, it appears Bell Media (owner of 1010, 1050) block the TuneIn streaming based on geofiltering. No big deal if they just broadcast on secondary HD Radio channels as they were doing on 104.5 for a while. They have turned that off intentionally because some people complained the analog FM signal degraded.

Contact Bell Media and station managers to remind them there are many people who would love either one of these roadblocks to be removed.

My new X has the Intel-based MCU and HD-FM is not working on the secondary channels. I thought it had something to do with the new MCU, but since your M3 also uses it, I guess not.

I was able to find secondary channels on my 3. It took a few tries but I got it.

I think I went to th FM station list and then scrolled to 101.1 and then below it has 101.1-2

I forget. You either had to click the main station first and then below it will have the secondary station or something along those lines.

I since saved it as a favorite. But each time I start up the car it reverts back to the main station. So I would have to click the favorite to get back to the secondary station.

I was able to find secondary channels on my 3. It took a few tries but I got it.

I think I went to th FM station list and then scrolled to 101.1 and then below it has 101.1-2

Yep, that's exactly how it is supposed to work, and how it worked on my 2013 Model S. It has never worked on my 2018 Model X, so I guess it's time for a Service appointment.

Well, I broke down and downloaded the iHeart radio station app on my iphone. I use the app to play CFRB 1010 and connect to my phone so I can listen in the car.

I think its using between 30MB and 50MB per hour of data.

Wish Bell would put CFRB1010 back.

Vin

I think people have been trying to get this done for some time now. Hopefully you'll have success.

I've listened to 1010 and 640 longer than I care to recall and really starting to tire of the click-bait radio out there these days. They are more entertainers that work to keep the discussions polarized, than what I would refer to as bona-fide talk radio hosts. Thank god for podcasts.

Almost 8 years ago:

John Oakley: King maker

John Oakley created Rob Ford. That is, Mr. Oakley, the talk show host, plucked Mr. Ford from obscurity on the back benches of city council, and, through the enduring power of radio, in six years built the pugnacious suburban adhesive-label heir into a household name.

Back in 2004, looking for a City Hall insider to punch up his show, Mr. Oakley auditioned several councillors. “We did a dry run,” he says, “and it was very dry.” Then they found Mr. Ford. “He was the one guy I isolated from the city councillors. The bull in the china shop.”

Mr. Oakley built up Rob Ford not to change Toronto, but rather because the sound of Mr. Ford rupturing his spleen once a week on Mr. Oakley’s show made good radio, allowing Corus Entertainment to charge more for ads on AM640.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and Bandit