Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a CHAdeMO Adapter off the Tesla website, but needed one sooner than the estimated delivery date and was able to buy one at the service center instead. Figured I could just return the one I ordered online when I got it, but unfortunately was not aware of the ridiculous 25% restocking fee. I live in downtown Honolulu, trying to sell at cost for $400 (save you the tax cost) if anyone is interested please message me. Brand new, unopened!

Attachments

• 77B9D602-96A2-4A64-8E43-B618BB2AAECE.jpeg
    77B9D602-96A2-4A64-8E43-B618BB2AAECE.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 6EE13620-13FD-4F17-B12C-731D00708BE6.jpeg
    6EE13620-13FD-4F17-B12C-731D00708BE6.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 94
I purchased a CHAdeMO Adapter off the Tesla website, but needed one sooner than the estimated delivery date and was able to buy one at the service center instead. Figured I could just return the one I ordered online when I got it, but unfortunately was not aware of the ridiculous 25% restocking fee. I live in downtown Honolulu, trying to sell at cost for $400 (save you the tax cost) if anyone is interested please message me. Brand new, unopened!
FYI, Hawaii law prohibits restocking fees. See HRS Sec. 431B-5.5. Good luck getting them to waive it though

A little off topic, but what charging speeds have you gotten with the HECO dc fast charging stations?

Charged with my Chademo for the first time today and got 15kw, 71 mi/hr. Slower than I expected, but couldn't find any specs on the fast chargers.

Please call me, Lorn 808.965.8421, Lower Puna Big Island

Please call me, big island, 965.8421

A little off topic, but what charging speeds have you gotten with the HECO dc fast charging stations?

Charged with my Chademo for the first time today and got 15kw, 71 mi/hr. Slower than I expected, but couldn't find any specs on the fast chargers.

Sorry, I didn’t realize I had so many responses on this thread! Maybe you already found your answer, but charging speeds depend on how many miles you have on your car...if I’m under 150miles I’ll get the 40+kW at the HECO stations, but as I approach 200miles and higher it’ll drop significantly down to those levels you were getting. If your miles were low and you had that issue, then I’m not sure what else would’ve caused it.

I am in Maui and yes I need it as there are no tesla chargers here

Are you still selling this item? Tesla is out of stock for this item.

Off topic, but is there anyone in or near Honolulu who I could rent a CHAdeMO adapter from for a few days?

Made the mistake of renting a Model S on impulse for my trip without realizing how bad the charging situation is here for Tesla’s.

I’ve gotten halfway through the trip with (allegedly) level 2 charging, but have been net negative so far and trips out of town to see the island are increasingly out of reach.

Off topic, but is there anyone in or near Honolulu who I could rent a CHAdeMO adapter from for a few days?

Made the mistake of renting a Model S on impulse for my trip without realizing how bad the charging situation is here for Tesla’s.

I’ve gotten halfway through the trip with (allegedly) level 2 charging, but have been net negative so far and trips out of town to see the island are increasingly out of reach.
Depending on where you're staying, there's HPWCs available at the Tesla Waikiki location and the SC in Kakaako that are available for customer use.