Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChaDeMo Adapter for U.K. model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all
Can anyone share any knowledge on ChaDeMo adapters for the Model 3? I am presuming from reading the listing on the Tesla store that i cannot use the chademo adapter that my dad has for his Model X with my Model 3 that will soon be arriving?
I was planning on driving the scotland NC500 route in a few months and there are plenty of 50kw public ChaDeMo & Type 2 stations, not so many CCS? And charging speeds are limited to 11kw using the type 2 right, so that would only really give me the option to charge overnight at one of the type 2 stations ?

Maybe i borrow my dads model x for the trip instead.

The CPS sites only rwport as having Chademo yet they should have ccs too. Something related to installing the CCS later than the type 2/Chademo but not being able to distinguish it differently when reporting telemetry.

Check the Zapmap app for a more accurate picture.

• Informative
Reactions: nandol97
Yeah the reliability is my issue, having the option of CCS or Chademo would make me more confident in those rural locations.
Am i correct in thinking that the Model 3 does take a type 2 charger, but the speed will be limited to 11kw?

Yeah the reliability is my issue, having the option of CCS or Chademo would make me more confident in those rural locations.
Am i correct in thinking that the Model 3 does take a type 2 charger, but the speed will be limited to 11kw?
Yes, limited to 11kW on type 2.

The CPS chargers seem to be well maintained. Again, zapmap will give you reviews that will indicate if they're working or not.

Also, if you see that a Chademo is in use at a CPS site it could mean that either the CCS or Chademo is in use.

Enjoy your trip, I sure it'll be fine and worst case you'll be delayed for an hour or two.