Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO Adapter - In Stock Right Now (8/11/21 @ 5:31 pm PST) at Tesla Parts Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Subject says it all.

What do you guys do with those things? Even if you found an abandoned CHAdeMO station somewhere on the south side can you really just trust a random stranger to help you lift it out of the trunk and get the whole thing securely installed onto the fender without damaging the frame?
You use it to fast charge in situations where a Tesla Supercharger is not available. Here's a YouTube video on how to use it. As you can clearly see, you don't need a random stranger to help you lift it.

I didn't realize you can only charge your car up to 50kw with this. That's 1/3rd of V2 supercharging speed at a tesla SC. This doesn't seem worth it to me for the price. I suppose if you were in an area where there were only chademo connections it makes sense. But, I can't imagine that scenario being the case.

I didn't realize you can only charge your car up to 50kw with this. That's 1/3rd of V2 supercharging speed at a tesla SC. This doesn't seem worth it to me for the price. I suppose if you were in an area where there were only chademo connections it makes sense. But, I can't imagine that scenario being the case.
Its meant to be a 'backup' should you need a charge but no SuCs are around (or all are very busy during holiday travel) yet an EA, EVGo or other commercial charger is available. Yes, there are regions where SuC are not present but other DCFCs are, and having this adapter means no L2-long-wait charging or a flatbed should you chance it to get to that next SuC and run out short...

Reactions: Pricedm and P-Lo801
There are also the occasional free stations near shopping centers and a free charge at 50KW is pretty nice perk to go along with giving the ability to charge almost anywhere

I second the CCS adapter, I will buy it too because free CCS stations are a thing too. I also like options. I do wonder what the speed on the CCS will be?

Handy as heck. And absolutely necessary in some parts of B.C. yet. There are probably a hundred more Chademo stations in the province now compared to a year ago, and lots more coming.
48A21981-5AB2-4C79-8008-9CE0E51729D4.jpeg