Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO Adapter now $450 but still 'Available Soon'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price is a nice change... but is $450 for an item you can't buy actually any better than $1000 for an item you can't buy?

It only matters if they ever actually release it...

I am frustrated by the delay also, but this is something that has to accomplish a ticklish task-- interfacing with units manufactured by multiple third-parties. I am glad they are taking their time to get it right, otherwise it would be an expensive collection of frustrating experiences.

I am frustrated by the delay also, but this is something that has to accomplish a ticklish task-- interfacing with units manufactured by multiple third-parties. I am glad they are taking their time to get it right, otherwise it would be an expensive collection of frustrating experiences.

Yes, but the the Nissan LEAF and the Mitsubishi i MiEV also have to deal with all these multiple third parties and seem to have accomplished the task.

Yes, but the the Nissan LEAF and the Mitsubishi i MiEV also have to deal with all these multiple third parties and seem to have accomplished the task.
True, but both Nissan and Mitsubishi are founding members of CHAdeMO and developed the system in parallel years before the cars were even production models (and back then the standard was still a "TEPCO" standard in 2008). Also, many of those third parties will be using the Leaf and iMIEV as reference EVs (not the other way around). In other words, the chargers will be designed to work best with those two cars, rather than those two cars having to adapt to the chargers (given the market share of the vehicles).

In this case, Tesla will have to adapt to the chargers.