Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter wait frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The standards for CHAdeMO are like any other standards: there are many implementations of the standard to choose from. Tesla getting an adapter to work relatively reliably at all is impressive.

True.

It's a shame we only have DBT CHAdeMOs in Finland whereas Estonia for example is covered with ABB CHAdeMOs. With ABB you'll get the full power...however the cost I believe is twice as much and a bit more (20-30Keur), but what I can tell they are robust and meant to be running full blast 24/7.

And we don't have superchargers yet in Finland.

We have a very active Tesla Club in Finland and we started researching the issue with the DBT CHAdeMOs. Dunno if there's anything to do about it, but let's see. At least it'd be interesting to know the answers why it's limited, etc.

Here's an image of (ABB) CHAdeMO penetration in Estonia.. I mean, wow. (Hope the image shows)

Estonia-ABB.jpg

Are the EU adaptors available now? I have been waiting for a few months but have heard nothing from Tesla yet... MW

A big batch seems to have hit the UK last week - I ordered on 30th Jan when the first reports of customers receiving them came out, and got mine (along with quite a few other people) on Friday. So if you ordered after me, you must be very near the front of the queue; if before me then you need to give them a prod!

Last edited: