Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter wait frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worth the Wait

We have had our adapter for about four weeks and used it six times with the Aerovironment and ChargePoint L3 systems. This device would have been worth the original $1,000 price that I signed on to the wait list for. We have experienced no issues and enjoyed up to 150 miles Rater Range gain per hour of charge. The beauty of this is that we now can spend about 45 minutes charging at L3 on a round trip from Wenatchee to Everett, WA. This is a 312 mile route that crosses the Cascades at Stevens Pass elevation 4160 feet above sea level. With L2 (30A) we would be connected for about eight hours to have enough Rated Miles to make the return leg of the trip.

I had an e-mail exchange with Tesla. I put myself on the wait list in September 2014. Tesla said they are working down the list, are at about 500, I am about 540, and I should be able to order this month.

"This month" was a day later. Here is what the order page looks like:
CHAdeMO Order.png

That's because Cottonwood was showing what the order page looks for him, since he got the email a special link to order.

Sorry, should have made that more clear.

BTW Cottonwood, are there other options than "Adapter" in that drop down box below the price?

Just an option for fast charging that does not apply with an 85 that already has Supercharging enabled.

Charging Option.png

Just got the email with the order link. Was added in November 2014 (can't remember exact date) and never asked what number I was waitlisted at - sorry this isn't very helpful...

Now I have to decide whether it's worth getting the darn thing! :tongue:

Does anyone know how long the link is valid for?