Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter wait frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DonD I applied on the same 2/27/15 date and have not heard anything from Tesla. From what I have read there have been more than one version these so apparently they are made (or ordered) in batches. Presumably with each batch having the latest upgrade. Also I suspect tesla has no idea how many users want these enough to pay the price and is reluctant to get stuck with out of date inventory.

After reading about all the difficulties some have has with the Nissan units I am less sure now whether I will order it or not.
Chademo is a clunky obsolescent standard kept alive in my part of the US mostly by Nissan. Within a couple of years Tesla a owners won't need them. I would feel happier about buying one if I could be sure it would work on my next Tesla too.

DonD I applied on the same 2/27/15 date and have not heard anything from Tesla. From what I have read there have been more than one version these so apparently they are made (or ordered) in batches. Presumably with each batch having the latest upgrade. Also I suspect tesla has no idea how many users want these enough to pay the price and is reluctant to get stuck with out of date inventory.

After reading about all the difficulties some have has with the Nissan units I am less sure now whether I will order it or not.
Chademo is a clunky obsolescent standard kept alive in my part of the US mostly by Nissan. Within a couple of years Tesla a owners won't need them. I would feel happier about buying one if I could be sure it would work on my next Tesla too.

I thought the upgrades to the Chademo adapter are firmware which will be applied at a service center, not different hardware.

I was added the same day (2/17/2015) and got the email today and ordered. Not sure I'll ever need it but I'd be kicking myself if I find myself beside a CHAdeMO charger in a dead car :redface:

I was added to the wait list on Feb 20; got the email and placed my order yesterday (Mar 26). I suspect I'll use it once or twice to see how it works then carry it around for years unused. But I'll be happy to have a backup in case some unexpected happens.

YAYYY Finally got the e-mail!

SOK8R.gif

(Waitlisted: Feb 12 -- #775// Confirmation e-mail: March 27)

Last edited: