Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not just list on PlugShare as I have found that to be the best overall at least in the South East.
He's looking for an affordable way to network the charger so that they can have automatic usage monitoring and billing.

The fact that Chargepoint charges double for an L2 station is insane. I'm really surprised that no-one has been able to successfully undercut Chargepoint's crazy expensive networking fees.

At $550/year + fees for each transaction, it's going to be nearly impossible just to cover electricity costs. I mean, even if a station is used 4x/day, that is another $0.38/session that needs to be added on to the cost of a charge. I believe the txn fees are something like $0.50-$1.00 on top of that.

This is one of those reasons why Tesla went the free route for the SuperCharger network.

Correct, I was speaking of J1772 charging stations, which I thought would have been understood in the context of the earlier posts.
Some would argue that a Roadster HPC is in the same family as J1772. (Some of the same companies involved, for example.)

Anyway, I wasn't nitpicking your assertion. I was pointing out that, once again, Tesla is more customer-focused than the rest apparently.

gnelson, the city of Fredericksburg, TX in the Hill Country should have 2 Clipper Creek CS-60s installed within the week. They're in the historic district. I think it's only the second public high-amp level 2 charging in the state. I'll post details in the Texas forum when they're operational.
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately this has little value in getting us to New Mexico or even a return from Corpus Christi to Houston. We can easily get there, but charging there is questionable.

Been traveling ( on a slow unconnected plane, not a connected Tesla)...apols for the slow response.

Our CHAdeMO DC Fast Charger is installed outside the RTP area in North Carolina. We paid for the install... while we were installing a large commercial roof top solar system we took steps to facilitate the DC Fast Charger install. We leveraged a program through a local non-profit working on EV proliferation to fund the charger hardware cost.

What is left now is where to host it online... ChargePoint charges more than 2x the hosting cost of a level 2 charger... Plus they get a % of anything you charge. $550 Annually to have it listed ... There must be a better way that also has usage reporting functionality.
There is a better way. You don't need it hosted at all. If what you're looking for is a payment mechanism, try Liberty Plugins Liberty Access Technologies
They have a pay by cell phone system which is much less expensive than networking the charging station. Then all you have to do for drivers to find it is list it on Plugshare.

Please tell me where even one is.

Hi Tony,
Here are a few from me....

Rabobank, Goleta - 70 amp Clipper Creek
Rabobank, Santa Maria - 70 amp Clipper Creek
Rabobank, Atascadero - 70 amp Clipper Creek
Marsh St Garage, SLO - 70 amp Clipper Creek

They're out there, you just need to look...It would be awesome if Plugshare would realize this and offer a specialized filter...

liuping said:
They are quite a few 40AMP (8.1kW) charging stations out there (many are Chargepoint, Blink doesn't do them).
TonyWilliams said:
Please tell me where even one is.
Hi Tony,

They're out there, you just need to look...It would be awesome if Plugshare would realize this and offer a specialized filter...
Randy, Tony and others know about those 70A stations. Tony was specifically asking about where the 40A ChargePoint stations are that @Liuping referred to. The point made up-thread about breaker rating vs. output rating is the key here.

Hi Tony,

And a couple that I have helped get installed are Clipper Creek, 70A usable current, 90A breaker, CS-90, J1772's in Salida, CO and Pagosa Springs, CO.

Randy, Tony and others know about those 70A stations. Tony was specifically asking about where the 40A ChargePoint stations are that @Liuping referred to. The point made up-thread about breaker rating vs. output rating is the key here.

Yeah, sorry about that. I assumed the CS-40's were 40amps (not an illogical assumption, but incorrect none the less).

I've never actually needed to stop at them, so I did not realize they are only 32Amps.

Hi Tony,

I've used all those more than once, plus the Tesla Roadster 70 amps all the way up to Seattle with my Roadster adaptor.

None are 40 amp.

Has anyone got CHAdeMO-adapter in Europe? Last week I discussed with car salesman in Auto-Outlet (which sells Teslas in Finland, since we don’t yet have official Tesla representation here). I asked him about CHAdeMO-adapter and he told me, that they have one in their store. If I had knew, that they are so hard to come by, I would have asked him to show it :)