Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have more CHAdeMO sites in the UK than Estonia now.

Really? That's nice :) Last I remembered you guys had something in single digits, when did the buildout to over 163 happen :D

- - - Updated - - -

Kia is planning a bunch of 100 kW CHAdeMO stations. Does the adapter support 100 kW?

Kia powers ahead with fastest EV chargers in Europe

If I remember right someone reported that at a CHAdeMO meeting Tesla was presenting the adapter and when asked it indeed was rated for over 100kW. But I'd have to dig back a few threads to find the quote so take with a grain of salt...

It's the same as the US one. Only Europe gets a special one so far.
The difference is driven by standards bodies and regulation and is related to the USA having its 110V mains supply whereas Europe and much of the rest of the world has 220-240V. The Type 2 connector was commissioned as a standard by the EU who recognised the risk of disparate charging connectors and protocols together with safety (socket only live if there is a suitable control signal) meant that something other than a CEE32 / 16 socket (commando) was needed.

For a government, it was an unusually good move! As a result, there has been confidence among car and charging point manufacturers, and among customers, helping the takeup of electric vehicles.

Mario,

I also remember Tesla rating their CHAdeMo adapter at 100 kW. I think this is the maximum allowed by the CHAdeMo specification.

Smart move on Tesla's part, since no changes will be needed when higher power CHAdeMo chargers are installed.

GSP

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mario yes we have a very significant number live today, and another 60 going in as part of an EU rollout in the next few months. We should be well over 200 by christmas

Sounds like less than 140 in the UK now. Interesting: 140 < 163 the last time I checked. Are you guys claiming victory before the fat lady sings? :smile:

GSP

For the Japan release did it come with a manual or any instructions ?
If it did can you please post them here on the forum
Unfortunately it didn't have any information other than how to use it. With some visual icon, no text. It says connect the charger plug to the adapter, and then connect the adapter to Model S. Actually you have to press the start button on the charger just before connecting the adapter to the car.

The new CHAdeMO location in Palo Alto CA Lytton and Central Expressway. It is located on the north side of the street. There is a charge point charger at there as well.
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0351.jpg