Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have charged using CHAdeMO adapter but only in the US. Using the charger is easy. Charging rates should be the same in HK. Charging station power does matter to the rate you will get: 85 miles per 30 minutes is the theoretical max but some stations are only half the max rated power. Car needs no updates as long as it is already Supercharging-enabled.

Tesla said that there is some technical issues with CHAdeMO Adapter but cannot specify when it will be solved and ready for use in Hong Kong. I cannot order via the US Tesla website as we use IEC Type 2 connector in Hong Kong at the car's charge port which is different in the US

• Informative
Reactions: markwj
I have the same problem as well! When I ordered my car, I was planing to use the ChaDeMo adaptor to charge my car as the main source of power. However, Tesla decided not to sell it anymore without any explanation of what has happened and what solution they are working on as well, which is frustrating since some of the customer (especially in HK) may take this as the primary charging method.

I got one. Used it today at Stanley.
Charging rate is fast. Maybe about half the speed of a supercharger. 200km+. I don't remember exactly.
No additional software needed.

Not hard to use. Plug the adaptor into the cable coming out of the charger, then plug it into your car. Follow instructions to activate charger.

Be warned, there are not a lot of places that have chademo so you may not be using it that often. I've used mine maybe once a month only.

Yes, that will be a good idea, group purchase in UK/EU
I have posted a message in the UK Tesla Motor Club and they said the price is 350 pounds previously but may have just increased to 408 pounds recently (both including VAT)
I also received confirmation that UK used a IEC Type 2 charger so it should be compatible, unless there is a software issue
Dear Samleemc, You can reach me on 25229038 during office hours

Photo attached

Attachments

• 20160521_180459.jpg
    20160521_180459.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 77