TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CHAdeMO Communication error

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Poison Dart Brew, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Poison Dart Brew

Anyone have communication errors with the CHAdeMO adapter? I have used it at Nissan garages in the past. This past weekend I tried two times to get it to work in Portland, ME. and received communication errors. After I tried a Leaf was able to make it work. Is there a trick to get this to work when you run into this error?

2. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

Hey Poison Dart Brew, which exact charger were you at?

Peter

3. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Possibly hijacking thread:
    Anyone know of any way to update the firmware of the Chademo adaptor, OTHER THAN bringing it to the service station?

4. mmccord

mmccord Member

When i was up in Vermont earlier this year none of the fuji chademos worked with Teslas. Some kind of incompatibility i guess.

5. Poison Dart Brew

I was at the parking garage at 427 Fore street in Portland.

6. blanche

blanche Member

Here is what I found that works reliably for me in Northern Virginia:

Step 1: Plug the Tesla CHAdeMo adapter into your Tesla
    Step 2: Go to the CHAdeMO computer and swipe your card (if required) to initialize the session
    Step 3: Plug the CHAdeMO plug into the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter that is hanging from your car
    Step 4: Go back to the CHAdeMo computer and press the green button to initiate charge.

This has worked reliably 100% of the time. What doesn't seem to work reliably is if I plug the Tesla adapter into the CHAdeMO plug and then plug the adapter into the car. That gives me all sorts of errors.

7. m6bigdog

m6bigdog Member

You may also want to call Tesla to see if your CHAdeMO adapter needs a firmware update performed at a SC.