TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chademo, Mathews Nissan, Clarksville TN

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by grichard, Feb 18, 2016.

1. grichard

grichard Member De-Luxe

Planning my first road trip (St. Louis - Florida) and looking for ways to bridge the St. Louis - Nashville gap.

Has anybody ever charged at Mathews Nissan in Clarksville, TN? Plugshare says that it's available 24 hours. This surprised me for a car dealership--is it really true? Is the charger likely to be blocked by parked cars after hours?

And are these people willing to let non-Leafs charge there at all?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

(On the way down, we're planning on staying the night in Paducah and charging at Fern Lake. On the way back, the timing doesn't work for an overnight stop. So I'm trying to decide between going via Indianapolis vs waiting around for L2 charging in Paducah. I'd like to make the wait as short as possible...)

2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    My rule has been to call ahead and ask. A couple of times in fairly remote areas I have had a handful of dealership people coming out to talk about EV's. Calling ahead works for me, and is polite anyway.

3. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

What are you driving? And you can see from the comments on plugshare that it is often blocked by Leafs. I have done several of these adventures and recommend that you have a plan B. I note that there are some 14-50s at a State Park about half way. I have also found campground charging on other web sites. If you don't mind walking around a State Park and eating for a few hours you can probably charge at about 30 mph. There is also an RV Park in Paducah with 14-50. I agree call ahead and find out.

4. grichard

grichard Member De-Luxe

70D. Yeah, reading the comments about the Leafs was what prompted my question.

On the way down we'll spend the night in Paducah and charge at one of those RV parks. On the way back, the timing doesn't work for an overnight, so I'm weighing going via Indy vs. charging for several hours at an RV park. The Nissan place would have let me cut an hour or so off of the RV park charge for the way back. So it's not make-or-break.

5. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

That what I would do on the way down. If you can I would use the I-75 corridor back even if you have to backtrack some miles to go west. I am east of Nashville and can lend a Chademo adaptor if it helps. Our SC is out of the way at the Service Center and not very convenient for Florida bound traffic. For what its worth I have made several FL trips and as you might expect there are some interesting issues and advantages with the various SC sites. For example do Macon in daylight and not on sunday. Let me know here or PM if I can help.