Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO Ordered - Still waiting....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good eve, everyone.

I'm just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat as I am. I just recently ordered a CHAdeMO adapter when they came back in stock on the 5th of July.

I've ordered mine on the 7th and haven't heard back at all from Tesla. It's been 14 business days since the order and most of my orders from the Tesla store usually arrives within 5-7 business days!

For reference, I'm in Western Canada area.

Would love to hear from y'all!

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 10.55.16 PM.png

Much like your adapter, if I had a choice between Maui and Castro Valley I probably would not be coming home either.
It was an eye opening experience to stay in Maui for an extended period and then come home. Life is just so much better in Maui: clean air, essentially perfect climate, low density, beautiful, and yet largely walkable. Just no good jobs. That said, we have it about as good as anyone can have it in the Bay Area. I've looked at other housing in the area, but air quality is much worse in any walkable neighborhood, and we want to be close to Fremont, where we work.

Just wanted to give an update to y'all:

It has now been 20 business days and still no word - zip - nada, from Tesla about the adapter. I've sent numerous emails and my phone conversations were all generic, "We're sorry. Please check in with us again the following week if you still haven't gotten your tracking number."

(sigh)

Reactions: El joe
Just wanted to give an update to y'all:

It has now been 20 business days and still no word - zip - nada, from Tesla about the adapter. I've sent numerous emails and my phone conversations were all generic, "We're sorry. Please check in with us again the following week if you still haven't gotten your tracking number."

(sigh)
Same, ordered mine on 7/6 and not even seeing tracking info yet. :/

Might be better to refund (or chargeback if they refuse to confirm shipping after 15 days) and buy second hand. I am considering selling mine, and probably many others, because after trying it at various EA stations over the past year, they almost never work, might be why EA is removing them like the other guy said in the future. I end up only using EVgo charging stations now if I'm not by a Supercharger, since those have Tesla plugs on them now (and the Tesla map in the car also shows L2 EVgo stations now if you enable the charging view.)

From what I can recall, I've only used an EA CHAdeMO station once; a free session this past Earth Day. Connected without any problems and received my free electrons. I have not yet had a chance to use an EVgo charger. My usual CHAdeMO station is a ChargePoint outlet near my home. It has worked for me every time that the station has been online (that is to say, operational; several times I've gone by and the station was completely down, even for CCS usage). I use ChargePoint more often than the local Supercharger; it's slightly cheaper and I need to recoup the cost of the CHAdeMO adapter.

Might be better to refund (or chargeback if they refuse to confirm shipping after 15 days) and buy second hand. I am considering selling mine, and probably many others, because after trying it at various EA stations over the past year, they almost never work, might be why EA is removing them like the other guy said in the future. I end up only using EVgo charging stations now if I'm not by a Supercharger, since those have Tesla plugs on them now (and the Tesla map in the car also shows L2 EVgo stations now if you enable the charging view.)
Thinking of going that route, but used ones have been going for at least $100 more than new ones on eBay from what I’ve seen.

This is what I am thinking of doing. If I don't hear back by the end of this week I'm going to request a refund.