TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chademo pricing on TM.com

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by mrjedistud, Apr 13, 2016.

1. mrjedistud

mrjedistud Member

The Tesla site has the Chademo adaptor for $450. BUT for $1,900 you get the adaptor and "fast charging onboard hardware activation". Does this refer to supercharging? If so it looks like those without supercharging can get a good deal on the upgrade and adaptor. The super charging itself goes or $2500.

2. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

No. It just allows you to use CHAdeMO. This might be a good deal for a very very small subset of owners.

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

It's DCFC "fast charging" that allows you to use the CHAdeMO adapter. If you don't have supercharging enabled, then you have to pay to activate fast charging.

If you want to activate supercharging, it's $2500.

4. rowdy

rowdy Member

Interesting. From the hacking threads there is a single option that enables DC fast charging (including supercharging)

Supercharging is DC charging at its fastest. As far as I know there is no authentication on superchargers at this time so this should work... Whether or not Tesla implement VIN checking later is anyone's guess.

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

BTW: The $1,900 is just to enable the "fast charging hardware" it doesn't include the CHAdeMO adapter. (At least that is what I understand.)