Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chademo Problems: not sure if it was the charger, my adaptor, or my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chademo charging did not work this weekend. Anyone else have issues with the Chademo adapter for Model 3? Not sure if it was a problem with the specific charger, the adapter, or my car.
Which charger did you connect too? EVGo? Electrify America? ChargePoint or Blink

What errors did you get or when did it fail or stop to charge?

Did you hear any popping at the CHAdeMO?

Did you just get this adapter in the mail brand new?

Fred

It was a Greenlots charger. First time using the brand new Chademo adapter. Car said "Ready to Charge". Charger said "Charge Failure". There wer some popping sounds as though it was trying to charge. I suppose I will just try another location.

It was a Greenlots charger. First time using the brand new Chademo adapter. Car said "Ready to Charge". Charger said "Charge Failure". There wer some popping sounds as though it was trying to charge. I suppose I will just try another location.
It was most likely a problem with that Greenlots charger. You need to find another CHadEMO charger to try.

Commercial charging networks are, in my experience, unreliable at best. Don’t depend on them for a charge to get you to your destination. Always plan alternatives.

Reactions: miimura
Chademo charging did not work this weekend. Anyone else have issues with the Chademo adapter for Model 3? Not sure if it was a problem with the specific charger, the adapter, or my car.
My CHAdeMO adapter did not work this weekend either !!
I feel like this cannot just be coincidence after reading your post.

I'm not sure if it is because of the time, the day, the month or not having one.

The one I got recently worked fine when I tested it. Since it's the kind of thing you typically only need in emergencies, it's a good idea to make sure it works, and can return it for a working one if you got one that doesn't work. So try it again at a different charger. And make sure you connect it to the charger first, the car second, and then turn on the charger.