TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CHADemo rental along the NE Corridor?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by HankLloydRight, Aug 5, 2015.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I don't do long trips enough to justify buying a Chademo adapter yet, but I do have one trip this summer where there is one Chademo charger near my destination. I'll be driving south through CT, NJ, DE, MD, VA, to NC on August 11 and 12.. I was wondering if anyone along the SC highway would be willing to rent me the use of their Chademo adapter for the weekend? I'd be returning on the 16th or 17th and could drop it back off.

My fallback option is to build a NEMA 14-50 outlet with 20-30 feet 6 gauge wire to be plugged into the service panel at my destination (with the appropriate breaker, of course). Or I might take my chances with a few local J1772 chargers, but they're going to be painfully slow.

Thanks.

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

There was a thread on TMC about a guy setting up a map for Chademo borrowing (not renting, free). It was a zeemap or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/48541-CHAdeMO-Adapter-Sharing-ZeeMap

There's a guy in philly and one near DC (though the one near DC isn't very active on TMC, he did reply to my PM when I asked to borrow it, but it was too late as I had already driven out).

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Great, thanks!

The PA one is too far out of my way, but I PMd the DC member and hopefully he can help me out.

The sharing map is a great idea!