Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO test on Model 3 (US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I had a similar frustration. Tried two or three times and kept getting an error message. Then I was very careful in making the two connections, especially the adapter to the EVgo plug. Eventually I saw/felt the connection. Can't remember if I was using my app or my EVgo card. Anyway, I finally got it to work just fine. Glad I have the CHAdeMO adapter.

I got my CHAdeMO adapter yesterday, I went to 4 EVGO stations, and it didn't work in all of them. I don't have the RFID yet, so I used my smartphone to hit Start, but I always got the same message informing me that there was an issue. When I connected the charger to the adapter, I didn't hear any "click" too. Any input?

First thing is that the CHAdeMO adaptor needs to be fully seated and latch, if it doesn’t it won’t work, so you need to pull and slam it back in so it can seat correctly, it’s a pain. My first CHAdeMO adaptor was defected inside, it would pop and you can smell something burning from inside the adaptor. I contacts Tesla sales and they sent me a new one and that one did work.

Electrify America, the most I have seen was 33kw.

Fred