TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CHAdeMO Update: Fed-March :(

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by islandbayy, Jan 2, 2014.

1. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

"Thank you for contacting Tesla. We estimate the CHAdeMO adapter will be available in the February/March time frame, but we have not been given a specific launch date yet. I confirmed that you are on the waitlist. We will contact you as soon as the adapter is available."

Hoping it would be out by now, I will need to cancel my yearly road trip to Florida and Texas :( No way I am going to be able to do it without a CHAdeMO adapter with 2 lil kids. It would take the 2 days each direction driving and turn it into almost a week each way. Thats our entire vacation time :(

2. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

On one hand I'm disappointed that it hasn't come out already, on the other hand I'm happy it's coming out at all and on the other hand (I don't actually have three hands), with the amount of juice that will be flowing through this particular adapter, this is not the one to rush to market until they are 100% sure any potential issues have been worked out.

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

I have a road trip to Tucson from San Diego, in Late february. I was hoping the CHAdeMO adapter would be ready by then as a back up in the Gila Bend Supercharger is not ready yet. It's a lot harder to jump from El Centro to Tucson without at least some sort of higher speed charing in-between...

4. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Agreed, From Milwaukee to Pensacola Florida, I'd be hitting 2 superchargers, then need to use 3 CHAdeMO's, and 2 x 30 amp 208v Chargepoints. The 2 superchargers and 3 CHAdeMO's will total be less charging time then it will take on those 2 Chargepoints. I would need to Substitute the 3 CHAdeMO's for 3 x 30 Amp 208v Chargepoints, and it wold just happen that I will need to range charge at all 3 CHAdeMO's :(

But yes, we are lucky we're even getting a CHAdeMO adapter.