Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chademo USA adapter.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.
At first, wanna appologize for my poor English, it's not my native language.
Finally I bought my first TMS 85 2013Y. The car is salvage from USA.
The dealer, who bring this car told me it's not a problem to buy the Chademo adapter, to charge it faster, as usual mobile adapter through.
The searching adapter in Europe sites was unsuccessful. And finally I have got idea to ask about adapter buying and delivery from USA. I know, many of us, sitting here are living in North America. And maybe someone from You could get this adapter from there. I could pay the cost of adapter plus delivery to Estonia,Europe.
Hope, someone can help me with this.

I’m extremely ignorant on this subject but would love some clarification (and somewhat on topic here). If I wanted to fast charge my 75D on an Electrify America charging station, I would need a CHAdeMO adapter to get 50kwh charging speed, correct? Otherwise I’d basically get level 2 speeds with the J1772?

I’m extremely ignorant on this subject but would love some clarification (and somewhat on topic here). If I wanted to fast charge my 75D on an Electrify America charging station, I would need a CHAdeMO adapter to get 50kwh charging speed, correct? Otherwise I’d basically get level 2 speeds with the J1772?
Yep, until (and if) Tesla offers the CCS adapter (already available in Europe, but not USA AFAIK) - you'll be able to charge at 135KW+ then.

Reactions: GoBeavs
Charging speed is measured in kW, not kWh. If you charge at 50 kW for 1 hour, 50 kWh came out of the "wall". If it at that rate for 2 hours, it'd be 100 kWh.

On the bolded part, yes, assuming the location even has J1772 level 2. Not all of them do. (And, no you cannot use SAE Combo (a DC charging standard) w/the J1772 adapter. It won't work.)

Reactions: Big Earl