TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chademo wait times

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by steilkurve, Jun 27, 2015.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Anyone ordered a Chademo adapter recently? Just curious how long the wait is as of today June 27th. Got a few outings planned this summer where one would be convenient but if getting one is still months of waiting, I won't bother. Won't need it as much come September.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

There is no longer a waiting list. Mine was shipped recently in about two weeks.

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Ok. Great to hear. Thanks.

4. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Just got mine - it took them a week to fill the order and a week of ground shipment from the west coast to the east -- 2 weeks.. Just tested it today at a Nissan dealership -- charging at 136 MPH... on 396 volts and 105 AMPs.

5. rnguy001

rnguy001 Member

mine took about a week. Tried it out today in Woodbridge at the Wegman's. Did it just to get the know-how. Took me a few times but finally figured it out!

yes I got same as Xenoilphobe - 136mph charging

6. mattmass

mattmass Member

CHAdeMO has been great for me, but the stations can be surprisingly unreliable. I'd recommend checking in on the PlugShare comments for the locations you plan on using. There are about 10 CHAdeMO stations on my regular route through Vermont, but many have given Model S owners trouble. I've had issues with most stations, and have had to go to a back up a number of times. Some work great for a while, and then suddenly go out of service while you are charging and in the middle of eating dinner. Not that I'm bitter.

7. smilepak

smilepak Member

#7 smilepak, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Are CHAdeMO system similar to Blink or Chargepoint where you sign up for membership and charge via it. I don't seem to see it on their website.

EDIT
    Nevermind. I think I just read in one of the post it is an adapter that could be offered through BLINK or CHARGEPOINT station.

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

CHAdeMO is a Japanese standard for DC fast charging, like J1772 is a standard for AC charging. Blink and Chargepoint are billing networks of charging stations, not types of charging stations. They may offer J1772 or CHAdeMO charging. Many CHAdeMO stations are are at Nissan dealers and not part of either billing network. The Model S comes with an adapter for J1772 charging. The CHAdeMO adapter is extra, and only useful for people who are traveling where there are CHAdeMO stations and not Tesla superchargers.