TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chadstone Store - Now Open

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ixat, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ixat

ixat Member

The new wing of Chadstone opened today, with a lot of new stores and even more stores relocating from other areas of the shopping centre.

This means that Tesla has upgraded from a static display located outside of Myer which has existed for a bit over a year now, to their own storefront on the edge of the new wing.

Although with the relocation to the other side of the complex, the destination chargers which were located nearby the display area in the Myer lower carpark (carpark F), are now quite far away from the new shop (backing onto Carpark B). I wonder if Tesla will relocate those 5 carparking spots closer to this store to run test drives out of, instead of walking to the other side of the shopping centre.

Centre Map - Chadstone

(Not my photos)

Located at the end of a thoroughfare on the Ground Level. The shop underneath on Lower Ground is the Nike store
    [​IMG]

The 'pod' you see above the shop is for dining, Marae Izakaya is above the Tesla Store. To the left are escalators to the First floor, to the left of those is COS. To the right of the Tesla store is Mecca Maxima.
    [​IMG]

Opposite the store, on the corners are Swarovski and Gregory Jewllers.
    [​IMG]

Seems like there is quite a bit of space instore, given the location and the price a store in Chadstone commands. Plenty of room for a Model 3 to sit alongside the others.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think I'll be heading there for at least a week or two, let the crowds die down a little.

• Like x 2
  2. brewster

brewster Member

Gee, gotta update the car colour scheme already.

3. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

No way - you already have the perfect scheme!

4. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I live 500m's away from Chadstone shops, been in...looks nice....very busy...don't go...wait 2 weeks ;)

5. brewster

brewster Member

I meant the display board in the shop of course. :eek:
    Our blue is best! ;)

6. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Anybody use the Chadstone Tesla chargers? How many km's do you get per hour? It is so great to have private Tesla parking there! Going to check it out soon.

7. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I use it all the time ;-) Living only 500m's away it and pole position parking it's quite convenient for me....they seems to be set to 32AMPS....so about 35KM/hr.

If you went for a movie and a bite to eat in the new terrace restaurant area (say 3.5 hours) you'd come back with an additional 125km's I guess....not too shabby for the best car park spot in Chadstone.

-ECIT

8. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Too right :):):)

9. Ramjet73

Ramjet73 Member

New Stores in Sydney AND Melbourne, still no store in Brisbane, NOT HAPPY JAN!

• Like x 3
  10. Chuq

Chuq Member

I agree, seems rather counter productive. Saw some quotes from Heath Walker in a news story a month or two ago... regarding superchargers, he talked about "going where the market is" - well if you keep putting stores in cities where you already have them, you aren't going to grow the market!

• Like x 3
  11. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Always a banker in a BMW parked in the Chaddy charger spots.

12. TesAus

TesAus Member

Captive audience for a conversion to the good side?!

13. ixat

ixat Member

The largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere and also central Sydney? Nah, pretty smart. Huuuuge potential customerbase and also brand awareness.

Brisbane will get a turn eventually, but with a 5m population city (both Syd and Melb) having a store in the busy places first makes sense. Hell, Chinese tour buses stop at Chadstone to shop. Quite often Chinese sports teams too.

14. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I'm at the Chadstone chargers near daily, as a matter fact parked now. Outside of the fact that I've never seen an ICE car let alone BMW 'banker' parked in the Tesla spots it's also in general either empty or at most 1-2 other Tesla's....

15. Brian May

Brian May Member

Still not really a good location. Only 13.4km (according to Google) from the Telsa supercharger in Cremorne. Superchargers should have more distance between them so they can be more useful.

16. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

We're talking about the store, not super chargers right?

17. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Chadstone doesn't have superchargers, they are fast chargers unless they have changed them in the refurb.

• Informative x 1
  18. Brian May

Brian May Member

My mistake, for some reason I had this idea in my head that they were superchargers.

19. raynewman

raynewman Member

The photos at the top of the page are certainly superchargers.

20. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Unless you drive into the actual mall, past all the shoppers, then into the actual Tesla store, there is zero chance of using those and you'll have to be content with the fast chargers in the car park.