Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chances of taking delivery this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm… where you from? Because I ordered my MYLR7 red few days after yours September 27 to be exact and I already got mine last December 23rd. I picked it up in Lynnwood Washington.
I think I just missed the batch of MYLR7s sent to WA, I removed the order hold after hearing about the incentive but it's too late to take delivery this year. App still shows EDD DEC 2022 but with no VIN there is no way it's happening. I'm not in need for another vehicle until April 2023 so I'll probably just cancel my order and wait and see what happens with Tesla's offering next year. BTW does your 7 seater come with cargo cover?

Placed an order for 2023 MYP, white interior, had a delivery date for yesterday, 12/28, but was called and told the freight train in Wyoming had broken down!
Anyone else in Colorado waiting for their delivery in 2022? I was told there were 70 cars delayed.

I think I just missed the batch of MYLR7s sent to WA, I removed the order hold after hearing about the incentive but it's too late to take delivery this year. App still shows EDD DEC 2022 but with no VIN there is no way it's happening. I'm not in need for another vehicle until April 2023 so I'll probably just cancel my order and wait and see what happens with Tesla's offering next year. BTW does your 7 seater come with cargo cover?
No it didn’t come with the cargo cover. But it was a little different than the 2021 model. Because this one actually have a two buttons to automatically flatten 3rd row seats and 2nd row seats as well.

To add, I don't think Tesla really need to cut their MSRP. They can just continue offering incentives in the case they need to see better sales numbers. Things like free SC, free upgrades, etc. are all within their playbook based on what I've seen these past month...

This is not something that other manu, especially ICE manu are not able to do just yet since their business model is all fragmented through all the different dealerships that represents them.
That's $7500 you won't pay sales tax on. Roughly $750 savings for me.
Plus the car is in a lower price bracket so cheaper registration/title fees (at least in CA for MY LR)

Reactions: Esha628 and wtlloyd
I'm in the same position for an MYP. I love my S but when they doubled the deal I finally decided to pull the trigger, although I just ordered on 12/27 - very unlikely mine shows up by tomorrow. And also very unlikely they honor the deal past tomorrow since as others have said, this was only to get people to take delivery in 2022 for them to meet their Q4 goals.

I will update this post with how it plays out though. So far I've done everything besides wait for a VIN to be assigned.

Ordered a Model Y LR MSM all base config no extras back on 3/25/22. Put a hold on the order till January 2023 back in October. Once text received on 12/21 about $7500 discount released hold. Originally had TBD as Est. Delivery now stuck on Dec 2022. Highly highly doubt will get assigned a VIN before EOY. Holding onto that slight glimmer of hope.

My delivery just got bumped from 12/31 to 1/5. Apparently a bunch of Model Y’s are delayed on a train in transit from Austin to Chicago. I asked about the $7,500 discount and the 10K supercharger miles. The SA said they have escalated this question to corporate and are waiting to hear back. Obviously, a lot of people are asking this question right now. Seems this is affecting a lot of deliveries that now won’t happen this year. Sucks.

I took my hold off my delivery and they said they had a VIN assigned on Dec 29th. I paid cash and they already took my money. My app now shows an estimated delivery date in early-mid January. I'm assuming they are going to have to honor the price with the discount since they already took my money and the balance shows zero. That means they already booked the sale. If they fail to deliver the car seems to me it would be a breach of contract

Reactions: Esha628
I took my hold off my delivery and they said they had a VIN assigned on Dec 29th. I paid cash and they already took my money. My app now shows an estimated delivery date in early-mid January. I'm assuming they are going to have to honor the price with the discount since they already took my money and the balance shows zero. That means they already booked the sale. If they fail to deliver the car seems to me it would be a breach of contract
Check your app again… mine now shows I owe $7,500 whereas it was $0 earlier today. SA said they are still awaiting direct guidance regarding honoring the credits for the customers affected by carrier delays. Maybe this is a temporary measure but it does not give me a good feeling.

I'm assuming they are going to have to honor the price with the discount since they already took my money and the balance shows zero. That means they already booked the sale.
Not really. But it will depend on how Tesla decides to handle December orders that are not fulfilled until 2023.

From an accounting point of view, the money you gave them just sits in an unearned revenue category. They do not book the sale until you get the car. It does not matter when they got the money.

Just because you paid doesn’t mean the sale is complete. Unless you’ve signed the documents registering the car and title under your name or your lien holder, I believe the sale is not complete. All Tesla would need to do is refund you the money. Was the MVPA signed by both you and Tesla? If not, it’s hard to argue breach of contract if no contract was signed.

I'm wondering if there is a delay in transit can Tesla "virtually" deliver the car? I mean it's just like click "accept" on the app during the delivery appointment, in which many people don't even get to see the inside of the car, except in this case you also don't get to see the outside! :p
You'll take a huge gamble but a percentage of customer may be willing to do that.