Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chances that Tesla will offer acceleration boost on new S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They gave that for free. I got a free uncorking in 2017. A full second less on the 0 to 60.

Tesla used to be a lot nicer but even a paid option is better than nothing but for model S, they should give it as a good will gesture.

I understand Tesla charges for the acceleration upgrade on the 3 and Y but I’ve never been a fan. Charging for FSD is fine even though the car comes with all the hardware because it’s an explicit option. But for software tweaks or optimizations for existing hardware that comes with the car should not cost anything. The only exception is if they software lock it for lower priced offerings.

I definitely hope that any acceleration boosts wouldn’t cost anything since their past practice was not to charge (75D, 85D, etc). And it’s totally antithetical to the premise that Tesla provides continuous improvement via software updates. Not only that, it just feels like Tesla it nickel and diming it’s customers when doing something like that.

Reactions: croman