Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change color of vehicle on screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla removed green as a paint option. Well, I wanted green, but got a black car, so I decided to have the entire car covered in green PVC foil, and it look great, though quite a bit brighter than the original green.

Now, the software obviously still supports green cars. How can I change the images in my screens to green instead of black. It *must* be possible somehow... .

Tesla removed green as a paint option. Well, I wanted green, but got a black car, so I decided to have the entire car covered in green PVC foil, and it look great, though quite a bit brighter than the original green.

Now, the software obviously still supports green cars. How can I change the images in my screens to green instead of black. It *must* be possible somehow... .

ask service to do it for you
not sure if they can do it over the air or not, you might need to stop by a center

Thanks for the hint to send them an EMail - any specific EMail address? I never got any reply from "suggestion" EMails. The SeC said that they could not do it. Oh and of course the obligatory picture:

old_green_new_green_lo.jpg

Yep, the old green was so beautiful and classic. The foil is nice, but not nearly 100%. I am seriously considering changing the foil. The alternative green is almost as dark as the original, but no metallic effect in it at all. I should try a fender and decide... . At least the original paint will be perfect when I sell the car one day ;-)

Yep, the old green was so beautiful and classic. The foil is nice, but not nearly 100%. I am seriously considering changing the foil. The alternative green is almost as dark as the original, but no metallic effect in it at all. I should try a fender and decide... . At least the original paint will be perfect when I sell the car one day ;-)

That is a great wrap job though. If I could find a quality job in my price range, I would do it! I've seen a couple colors I would love: green, avery brilliant blue, yellow. They looked gorgeous (on the computer screen). I will have to ask the detailer I end up with what he charges for a full wrap and decide if I want to try that out.

Thanks for the hint to send them an EMail - any specific EMail address? I never got any reply from "suggestion" EMails. The SeC said that they could not do it. Oh and of course the obligatory picture:

View attachment 80244

The email address I sent my request was: [email protected] They responded by email and changed my avatar on the touchscreen, dash, and mobile app within 24 hours.

The email address I sent my request was: [email protected] They responded by email and changed my avatar on the touchscreen, dash, and mobile app within 24 hours.

Thanks so much for that address. I will give it a try. In the mean time, I have ordered samples for three alternative colors. I would hate to rip the still brand-new foil off, but I am simply not that happy with it and I want the old dark green back. Oh Elon. How could you do this to me. ;-)

in other, and maybe completely unrelated, news... I captured Breser's car in the wild ;-)
View attachment 80311

Somehow I missed this thread when it was posted and I was preoccupied with guests in town, a new job and wedding preparations. You definitely caught me. :cool:

Busted! @breser, you could update your signature now and proudly proclaim that you have the only Green 85D ever made!

Somehow I missed this thread when it was posted and I was preoccupied with guests in town, a new job and wedding preparations. You definitely caught me. :cool:

;-) hiding in plain sight....

in in other news, not sure I mentioned originally, though I was going through the custom color process when it all got pulled (thank you Jerome). I was after a lighter blue. I guess I was saved from myself spending 12k ish on a blue that no one would tell me was coming. The problem now... . My wife's forthcoming X will likely be in the color I wanted. Definitely all first world problems though, eh