TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Change in Heating System?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by CaptDaveHowe, Dec 30, 2015.

1. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

I noticed when driving a loaner from Tesla upon a recent service appointment that the heat was almost non-existent. It was a cold, rainy day and when I turned the thermostat up all the way to 76, the heat did not go on. Now back in own 2015 S 85, with the weather getting colder, I'm noticing the same thing. Is this a soft ware (update) issue? My thought is that there may have been a software update to conserve energy. Anyone in the cold weather states experiencing the same?

2. cwave1

cwave1 Member

This is an issue with v7 up to around 2.9.12. If you search, you will find a few threads that have covered this in detail.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

And here is one such thread Heat / HVAC on 7.0 - poor performance?
    Note: although the thread starts with a post about poor heat in a "classic" S, it also includes posts about the problem in newer cars.