TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Change in interior description???

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by lsnetman, Oct 28, 2014.

1. lsnetman

lsnetman Member

I ordered my second MS a few weeks ago with the black performance leather interior, confirmed on my original configuration. When I looked at the design on my dashboard today the description had changed to "black leather with alcantara". I confirmed with my DS that the that the interior hadn't changed, and she thought it had just been renamed. The little picture still shows the piping. Has anyone else had this occur? Just a heads up but strange, no?

2. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

I see the same change. Looks like they decided to stop calling them performance. I'd guess because they're intending to probably expand the P85D seats to the P85. Possibly also because they have sold it on non-P cars before.

3. Ed Chan

Ed Chan Member

Calling the old "performance" seats "performance" is kind of misleading... There was no actual performance edge in that seat; it has no additional bolsters or thigh support. It's the same as the standard seat, with the alcantara inserts and the alternate color piping. So I from what you tell me, they just have a more accurate description for the same seat.