Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in order, change in line??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a month ago I ordered my MS LR, white with the 19” tempest wheels. I had plans to upgrade the wheels on the after market but the prices aren’t as expected and I’m now considering the 21” arachnids. Does anyone know if I made the change in my configuration would it put my back to the end of the assembly line ?

About a month ago I ordered my MS LR, white with the 19” tempest wheels. I had plans to upgrade the wheels on the after market but the prices aren’t as expected and I’m now considering the 21” arachnids. Does anyone know if I made the change in my configuration would it put my back to the end of the assembly line ?
For fortune knowledge- Tesla said “We can modify your existing order if you would like to update the wheels. This change will not totally reset your delivery timeline, but it will push it back. Additionally, the Model S has gone up in price since you placed your order so making any changes would subject you to the new pricing. In your case your vehicle price would increase by $9,500 ($5,000 Model S price increase + $4,500 Arachnid wheels).”

Reactions: Drew-MS
Upvote 0
For fortune knowledge- Tesla said “We can modify your existing order if you would like to update the wheels. This change will not totally reset your delivery timeline, but it will push it back. Additionally, the Model S has gone up in price since you placed your order so making any changes would subject you to the new pricing. In your case your vehicle price would increase by $9,500 ($5,000 Model S price increase + $4,500 Arachnid wheels).”
$9,500 is a bit much to simply upgrade wheels. I tried to modify my order as well and was also told I'd have to pay the updated pricing.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see that. won't change my order or mind, as I want the most "fuel economy" that I can get (most range) but if I lose a cover, I'd like to see what it looks like if I run cover-less.
1626801391601.png
1626801482351.png

Upvote 0